Chapter 18

I was coming downstairs, getting ready to get in line for the processional when I heard Alicia and Johnny talking. I stayed just out of eye sight, listening.

"You shouldn't tease him so much." I hear Alicia tell him. I guess Johnny had started on Ben after I left.

"It was a joke," he says, deflecting.

"I don't know. I think it bothers you to see him really happy and in love. I think you're jealous." I furrowed my brows. Johnny hadn't been jealous of anyone a day in his life.It came with getting everything you wanted just by looking as good as he did.

"You think I'm jealous? Have you seen the women I've dated?" Classy Johnny.

"No." Alicia says shortly with a laugh. I chuckle softly. You can only fool yourself for so long, Torch. She's not going to wait around forever." That surprised me but before I could respond, Ben came down with Sue.

"Oh, you look beautiful Sue!" I say, tears forming. I moved Juliette to my other hip before pulling Sue in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry." Sue whispers.

"It's ok. Today's got you stressed out so I think you get a pass." I say with a wink. I walk out to the entrance with them and Johnny panics for a second before turning to look at Sue.

"Hey. It's the bride of stretchy man."

"Don't start," Sue and I say at the same time.

"Don't listen to him. You look gorgeous." Ben says. "We'll see you out there sweetie." He continues before leading Alicia out to wait for the music to change to alert us it's time for us to walk. Now it's just Sue, Johnny, Juliette, and me. I could tell Sue was getting nervous. I could see her shaking from here.

"You don't look completely ridiculous in that dress," Johnny says, attempting to cut the tension.

"Is that obnoxious-brother talk for 'You look kind of nice'?" she asks.

I smirk but am pleasantly shocked when Johnny says, "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," she says.

I smile at them before grabbing my bouquet in my own hand and holding Juliette in the other, coming out a couple of steps behind Ben and Alicia, before taking my spot next to where Sue will stand.

Reed's phone goes off right before Johnny was supposed to walk Sue out. "Are you kidding me?!" I whisper yell over to him.

"Reed, shut your cellphone off." Ben growls at him. Reed goes to argue with us over whatever the hell it actually was that he brought but the music changed, alerting us that Sue was about to walk down the aisle. As Sue and Johnny came into view, I pointed her out to Juliette, who started screaming out. I smiled sheepishly at Reed and Sue and gently tried to calm her down but nothing was going to do it. I go over to the side, away from the ceremony and try bouncing her a little but it's just exciting her. I feel a presence behind me as Johnny came over to help. He took her and I could've started crying because as soon as she was in his arms, she quieted down, looking up at him with her big blue eyes.

A silence had fallen over the ceremony as the alarm on Reed's not-phone went off and the wind started picking up. We watch in horror as one of the helicopters malfunctions, sending it crashing down over the wedding guests who desperately run and dive out of the way while Reed and Sue do their best to keep the injury and casualty lists to a non-existence.

Johnny pulls me and Juliette behind him and away from where the chopper is plowing a path of destruction towards the gazebo that had been set up for the ceremony. The tail comes around, getting dangerously close to Alicia. "Ben!" I yell out, pointing and alerting him. He makes it just in the nick of time, taking the brunt of the tail and removing it from the rest of the chopper.