Chapter 12

I came to in Johnny's arms. He's managed to get us both to shore. "Oh thank God you're ok!" He says in relief.

"That mother fucker tried to nuke us!" I say, angrily, trying to sit up.

"Woah, woah, woah! Take it easy. We almost got blown up." 

"Yeah no shit! We need to find the others." We're completely waterlogged though and I don't have the energy now to fly so we sit. "Why do you always do that?" I ask him.

"Do what?"

"Save being sweet fro when it's just the two of us but as soon as we're out in public you become a tool. Nobody would think any less of you if you showed them this side. Who knows, they might even like you." He doesn't respond, just stares out at the water. "I meant what I said earlier. I love you Johnny Storm but you need to figure out if you want to be with me exclusively or if you want the world because I don't share and I'm not going to wait around forever for you to decide." I say before flaming up and taking off across town where there's a lot of lightning being thrown around. I see him follow me.

We fly in and see Victor approaching our siblings while Ben is in a crater on his back. He takes a step towards them and Johnny and I both shoot him with a fire blast before landing side by side. "You missed us." We say together. I see Reed and run up and hug him, relief filling both of us. 

"Had a little relapse, huh?" Johnny asks Ben, who's rocky again. "Welcome back."

"This is gonna be fun." Victor says before conjuring some lightning, bouncing it off the windows of nearby cars and buildings. I start yelling at the civilians to get out and get cover, trying to minimize any casualties. 

While my back is turned Victor hits me with some lightning and I fly through the air, coming down hard on my back. I hear Johnny yell my name before he too flies through the air, landing next to me. "Are you ok?" I ask, voice still strained in pain. 

"Yeah. It takes more than a little lightning to take me down." He says, giving me a reassuring smile. I put a fire wall up around the team, hoping that would provide some protection. Victor just walks right through it, aiming more lightning at Sue who brings up a forcefield to block it.

"I can't hold it!" She yells. Reed stretches his arm out, grabbing a post box and flinging it at Victor, before rolling like Sonic the Hedgehog towards him and flattening out like a blanket, wrapping around Victor, pinning him in place. 

"Johnny, supernova!" Reed says.

"I thought we agreed that was bad."

"Now!" Reed yells. Johnny looks to me and I nod. I'll control it. He starts a run, lighting on fire and circling Victor. Ben grabs Reed and pulls him free before he can get caught up in flames. "Sue, Jack! Think you can contain it?" My eyes turn fire blue and I feel myself lift off the ground as I do my best to keep the fire from spreading.

I feel blood dripping from my nose, much like I did that day on the bridge. Johnny flings out of the cyclone, the flames slowly going out as I pull them in, lowering myself back to the ground and falling in a heap, exhausted.

Johnny pulls me to him as the flames completely subside and Victor is visible once again. "Is that the best you can do? A little heat?" he taunts.

"Never doubt my brother when there's science involved." I snark before Reed takes over. 

"Time for you lesson. Chem 101. What happens when you rapidly cool hot metal?" Reed asks. Ben kicks the top off of a fire hydrant and using his foot, directs the stream over to Reed who shapes his body to form a spout and dropping it on top of Victor, causing steam to fill the air as the water did its job cooling him.

Victor struggles a bit before the steam clears and he's stuck to the ground, a living statue. "Woah!" Ben says. "You done good kids. Come on." We all stand together and the gathered crowd starts cheering. 

"Man I love this job." Johnny says, one hand in mine, the other around Reed's shoulders. 

"Job, huh?" Ben and I ask.

"Well we do have the suits." Reed says.

Johnny starts waving and bowing. I knock his shoulder. "Knock it off, hothead."