Chapter Ten - Can you put a child in lost and found?

The police station was supposedly as crazy as a coffee shop at 9 am. Four parents had come in claiming their children were missing and one actually brought another child with them. His team said over the phone they needed his help again to calm the people down. So Almond, as the responsible cookie he was left from home on his day off to go assist his fellow officers as the sun finally dipped behind the horizon. 

Upon walking in the first thing he noticed was the anxious raised voices and the little purple cookie sitting in a chair who he recognizes as one of the previously "bad" cookies. They seemed bored but they were probably the only cookie in the building who was. Just a few feet away from them stood Dark Choco, quietly comforting Herb cookie who was nearly in tears while Expresso and Madeleine were about two seconds away from murdering one of his coworkers in cold blood. Lovely.

Walking up to the murderous couple he takes a sip of his coffee, gears already turning in his head. "Good evening. I was called in to assist you," he tiredly explains, swirling the contents of his take-out cup. The two renowned cookies look over at him, stressed. "Late as usual captain. Our child is missing and you show up now? Shame," Esspresso huffed, eyes like daggers. He crossed his arms as he continues to stare. Madeline sighed with relief. "Apologies Chief, Esspresso is just anxious. We were told you were not coming to help... but I suppose that was before those two also came in." The knight gestures to the other two adults in the office. Almond nods solemnly. "Yes. Multiple missing persons is a very important thing, especially if it was under suspicious circumstances. But first I need all the names of those missing." Expresso clears his throat and stood a bit straighter. "Pancake, Bubblegum and Licorice are the missing children as far as we know."

Choco looked up and over at him, making eye contact with the officer. "Licorice has been missing since 3 Pm today. Herb called me and said Bubblegum has been missing since 10 Am, and that Licorice came looking for him around 12 at his house." Madeline nods, face set in a frown. "Pancake texted me around 3 saying she would be late for dinner and then she was not home for curfew. We looked around town ourselves before coming here. We arrived here at 9:30. Those two arrived shortly after." 

Almond wasn't sure what to think. Two of the kingdom's tricksters and a previous dangerous villain, all missing around the same time? It's bound to be trouble. All he can do is hope-

The front door of the station bursts open, the voice of a child echoing down the hall to them.

"MY FRIENDS ARE IN DANGER!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's foolproof. We still get signal just outside the walls, so we will text you if anything goes wrong Pancake! then you can go to the police. See? No unnecessary attention. The guards are about to switch out I think, so we gotta take our opening now."

"What he said! You got this pancake!"

"Right. I'll do my part, just... be careful."

Fuck, fuck fuckity fuck. 

It's been nearly an hour, it's *fridged* out and they haven't texted him once! What happened to the plan, huh guys?? 

the moon hung heavy in the sky as he stood in wait, stars shimmering brightly in the autumn sky. The world seemed to be holding its breath, much like he was his own. Where were they..?

Ping

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! Nice.

A Change of Fate - A Cookie Run AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें