What Are We? (2Yeon)

"Look at the stars, babe" I heard her speak from the other line with her soft voice, I followed what she asks me to do while my lips forming curve as I smile

"They twinkle more knowing you're looking at them" she giggles as she say those flowery words, I'm a sucker for that

How? How can I be so in love with the person I haven't meet in person? Well, this is love. Unexpected. Unexplainable.

"Silly" she whispered but I clearly heard it.

I found myself smiling so wide, the kind of smile that I was eager to experience again. Oh, it's been years since the last time I smiled almost like this. Just almost, 'cause this is way better than before.

I'm still looking at the stars, raising my hand and point my finger from one to another star tracing them to form the letter of her first name,

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" she added, she caught me off guard by that as I answer, "What if there's no moon?" she snorted and I heard her fix her earphones "What if you're the moon?"

I sit there with my heart thumping and beating so loud, I clenches my pyjamas I can feel my cheeks heat up

I'm blushing

And there I couldn't answer her, even mutter, I couldn't do it. I'm speechless, this is so much love. I am drowning, it's suffocating. I would love to be suffocated if it's because of your love.

I am not Superman and you are not a kryptonite but baby you keep making me weak.

You surprisingly made me strong by your love. You are the cure and antidote for my toxicity. You are everything to me.

"Heyooo, you still there?" Her voice that's soothing sure soothes me, I cleared my throat before saying the words that I treasure to say to the better person who'll make me feel so special in this cruel world.

"I love you too"

We both heard each other giggles from the line, I'm smiling like crazy.

I know this time, it's all right. It's everything that I've been praying for. This is the love that I've been waiting for.

We talked about random things.

We met thru internet and I haven't seen her, we know each other for exactly two months today so this is extra special.

It's currently 1:25 am

"Nayeon, let's talk about us and what we really are later at night, okay?" Her tone said it all, she loves me as much as I love her. "Yes, Jeong. I'm nervous hahaha" I chuckled in nervousness. This is it, right?

We jokingly fight on who'll end the call, it's me who called her so it's definitely me who'll end it, it took me few minutes to press the button.

I love you.

---

11:25 pm

"So what are we, Jeong?" I sent it. I asked her as soon as she opens the topic about us, her silly reply makes me crack up that I want to smack her arm if ever she's right besides me, "We are hooman, Nayeon"

Sometimes I'm questioning myself why I'm like this, this is sudden... Falling in love. I've been caging my heart for so many years 'cause I am scared I might get hurt so bad but right now... I don't care if I'll get hurt after this, this kind of love is only once in a lifetime. Her, is only once in a lifetime.

She's typing something and I couldn't stop myself to feel nervous, this is it!

I looked at the moon that's really beautiful, weird but I can see it smiling at me together with the stars.

I'm not expecting any call but...

My phone's ringing, I answered it immediately and that lovely voice that I am willing to bet my whole life welcome me with...

"We are girlfriends, Nayeon"

And I know this time...

A Lifetime with her has begun.

- This is a slice of life 🥺 it happened to me few months ago. Your author is in love~ hehe also welcome back?

I didn't proofread it so ahh excuse all mistakes. 😊