~32

It was the second night of our stay in Grand Hyatt Hotel.

I had woken up in a good mood, despite of my emotional roller coaster yesterday, and I found out Jungkook and Hoseok had transferred me to the bed instead.

By the time it was 7, all eight of us headed down to the lobby to eat breakfast.

I was worried that my soulmates wouldn't enjoy themselves based from all the crazy events that has happened, but turns out I was worried for nothing.

They were all being their usual, goofy selves and we spent our time laughing, making jokes, and telling each other stories.

I told them what had happened yesterday while I was in my memories, and Jungkook helped fill out most parts I missed (After all, I was in a blindfold).

When we came to the part about my parents locking me in the fridge, thunderclouds suddenly appeared out of nowhere and clouded the clear sky, the plate of eggs got slammed into the wall, Taehyung accidentally destroyed his silverware, and we almost got transported to Russia. 

The seven boys were shouting out insults and violent reactions, and it took about a dozen calming waves to make them calm down.

Jimin stood up. "No, but they don't have the right to be like that to you. Those monsters!"

"Shit down, shit down," Taehyung said in English, holding Jimin's arm and trying to get him to sit down again.

Namjoon rubbed his ears. "Taehyung, it's 'sit down', okay? Not...you know...what you just said. But, you're right Jimin, no one deserves to be treated like that. How awful."

Taehyung picked up his bent, metal chopsticks and waved them in the air. "I will break their bones like this and crush their legs." He looked up when he realized we had gone quiet. "Oh, sorry... Was that too violent?"

Jimin patted his back. "It's understandable."

Seokjin sliced his meal furiously. "Yah, what kind of parents are those?" He sighed. "Some people just don't deserve to become anyone's parents. They're better off dying in car accidents." He glanced at Hoseok. "Uh, sorry, no offense to your grandfather."

The younger nodded, wincing at the way Seokjin aggressively cut the hotdog in half. "Don't worry. And, uh, hyung, I feel sorry for the hotdog, I think you should calm down."

Yoongi, quietly fuming, suddenly spoke up. "They deserved to die. I'm glad they're finally gone, yet I'm unsatisfied with how they died. It's not punishment enough."

Hoseok swallowed his potato. "What were their powers?"

"Y/N's mom had ice powers, and Y/N's dad..." Jungkook looked at me, unsure. "Well, we never got to see much of him in her flashbacks."

"He was a shapeshifter," I answered. The room fell silent when I said those words. "You're right, we never saw much of him, but I do know he was a shapeshifter."

"Then...he was very much dangerous, then?" Namjoon asked.

I nodded. "He was feared by everyone he met, and the government chose him because they thought they could use him."

Yoongi groaned. "In the end, the government's the one behind all this. How annoying."

I spoke up. "But, we're not here to talk about the government, right? We're here to have a vacation. It'd be a waste to throw our free time away by worrying ourselves. What's done is done and it's better to be cheerful."

Namjoon smiled, his cute dimples showing. "You're growing up so fast and you're learning so much. That's all that matters to us."

Beside me, Seokjin took my hand and squeezed it gently. "We're happy as long as you're safe and under our protection. We're proud of you."

Hearing those words made my heart beam as I looked around the table. The boys were all nodding and smiling at me. 

Taehyung dusted his hands together and stood up from his chair. "All right, since we're all done eating, who wants to go swimming?"

...

I slipped into my black rash guard and huddled on the foot of the pool with my soulmates.

"Alright, who wants to jump in first?" Jimin asked energetically.

I glanced at the water nervously. After my dangerous expedition with the strong wave at the beach, plus my venture into the waters of Inundate, I wasn't quite ready to come face to face with a body water again--which was absurd, since there weren't even any waves on the pool.

Jungkook, who understood my growing fear of the water, gripped my hand in encouragement. "It's okay, you can just stay close to us if you're afraid to swim."

I shook my head, eager to overcome that fear. "Don't worry. I'm gonna swim."

"Yoongi hyung, you're the smallest, come over here to this side and tell us if the water's deep." Jimin said.

"Excuse me? Yah, Park Jimin, I know for a fact that you're the smallest. So, don't be a wet fish and just dive." Yoongi countered.

"Wet fish?!" Jimin exclaimed. "Fine, then, I'll show you fish!" The 26-year-old then leaped into the warm water, and in 2 seconds, he lifted his head up. "It reaches up to my chest level. Yah, Kim Taehyung, you're next!"

Taehyung took Jungkook's hand. "Jungkook, let's dive together."

"Sorry, Y/N." Jungkook managed before getting dragged by Taehyung.

The two youngsters both jumped in the pool, making wacky gestures and positions before landing in the water.

"You amateurs!" Seokjin said, putting his hands on his hips and walking a bit to the far end. "I'll show you ladies how it's supposed to be done. And--"

Before he could say more, he slipped and accidentally fell into the water. Everyone fell laughing.

"Wow, hyung, I'll be sure to copy that," Jungkook joked in-between laughter.

"That was amazing. I think you can finally compete in the Olympics for that." Taehyung said.

"Fine, then. Namjoon, you go next." Seokjin said, trying to look injured though he was also laughing hard.

Namjoon stretched his hands and feet. "Okay, Yoongi hyung, Y/N, listen up. In order to create a perfect dive into the water, you have loosen up your joints and just go with the flow."

Beside me, Yoongi chuckled. "I think I have an idea how this will end up."

"Um, Hoseok, can you help me demonstrate?" Namjoon called.

"Me? Uh...okay, then," Hoseok answered.

Holding hands with his soulmate, Namjoon said. "On the count of three, we will dive perfectly into the water and we won't stop until we reach across, okay?"

"Namjoon, isn't it too far...?" Hoseok asked.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine. I'll trust you."

The 94-ers made their starting point and they both dived into the pool. Halfway through the water, Namjoon lifted his head up. Hoseok followed after. "Namjoon, I thought we were gonna reach the end..."

"I thought we were gonna reach the end too." 

Yoongi took my hand. "Let's jump too, okay?"

"Yes. No wait, hold on."

"Let's go."

My heart pound against my chest. "Wait, Yoongi, I'm not ready."

"Really? I'm not ready either. But whatever! Let's just do it quick, okay?" He asked me.

"But--" Before I could say another word, Yoongi led me to the deep-end part.

I wasn't nervous about drowning--no, I was about 1.74 m (5'7")--I was more nervous about being in the water again.

"Ready?"

"No!"

"Three."

"Oh my god, Yoongi, you're gonna regret this, I swear."

"Two."

"I am so gonna kill you!"

"One. Let's go!"

"Yoongi!"