𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰

Have you ever gotten the feeling that something bad was about to happen to someone the moment you looked at all of the people present in the same room as you? No? Yes? Who knows? But Gyeong-su hated this feeling. He didn't want to lose anyone else – one particular person more than the others. He had just gotten her. He didn't want to lose her. Sure, they didn't talk much due to the situation they were in, but when they did talk, it was amazing. He felt amazing, exhilarated actually.

Back to the point, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to go wrong any moment. He felt like throwing up. The idea of losing someone else – close to him again – it dreaded him. Just how many people has he lost, just how many times has his heart been broken and ached for the souls he has lost, just how many times he had do deal with the grief – so much of it could take a toll on anyone, and it did to him. Though he had his friends with him by his side, there was always this feeling deep inside his heart which knew that nobody and nothing could change the things that has taken place. That the people so important to him are just gone, just like that, and it scared him.

He saw Rosie struggling to catch up with them. She was out of breath. When he started to slow down to help her, Woo-jin noticed and gripped Gyeong-su's arm, pulling the lovesick boy to run with him.

"What are you doing?" Gyeong-su asked in anger. "Rosie is not with us. She clearly needs some help!"

"She'll be with us, don't worry," Woo-jin replied calmly. He knew that Gyeong-su was stressed and worried about Rosie's well-being. "I don't want to lose anyone today." 

Gyeong-su breathed out slowly, containing his anger. He knew Woo-jin was right, but that didn't mean it didn't anger him. The mere thought of not being with the girl he loved – not being there to help her – it made him feel stupid at himself.

Rosie hurried up the stairs with the others, ignoring the blood, body parts, organs of the infected students and staff. Suhyeok held Rosie's hand to help her run faster. She knew she was slowing them down by being pathetic. Pull yourself together, Rosie, this isn't you.

They stood at the top floor, panting, out of breath, trying to open up the locked door which led to the rooftop. They'd be safer out there, and their chances of being rescued would be high, but unfortunately the door won't open.

"They're coming," Nam-ra announced, her face showing a hint of worry.

Rosie was standing with Suhyeok and Cheongsan at the end of the stairs, gazing down to see that none of the zombies have come – yet. Gyeong-su was so focused on trying to open the door that he didn't listen Nam-ra warning them about the zombies, and he didn't see where Rosie was currently standing. He knew she was safe, and that's all what mattered.

"You should go up," Suhyeok told Rosie, looking at her.

"Why?" she asked, her brows furrowing.

"I don't think you want to stand here, Rose," Suhyeok replied.

"Why not?"

Sensing that their conversation would end up in an argument because Rosie could be very stubborn when she wanted to be, Cheongsan chimed in, "It's safer up there."

"Don't interrupt!" The ex-lovers said at the same time. Cheongsan's face flashed with shock before he looked away, slowly inching away from them.

"I want to fight," Rosie brought the topic back.

"I think you've fought enough," Suhyeok said in a strict tone — a tone which usually meant that there was no space of arguing, but it was different this time. Rosie wasn't going to listen to him.

"And I think you've controlled enough," She immediately regretted what she said when she saw his face quickly fall. It wasn't really true, he wasn't controlling, but she remembered that one month where he'd gotten more possessive, often telling her what she should and shouldn't do, and not exactly in the most loving way. But it wasn't his mistake. She was a bad girlfriend for not realizing that he could be stressed about something which was the reason of his behaviour.

It was indeed true. Soon his mother had died, and she hated herself for it. The loathe she felt towards herself was so much, it was suffocating her. But things got better as time passed by.

"I'm sorry, I really am very sorry," she stuttered like an idiot. "I did not mean it. It just came out of my mouth. I'm really sorry, Suh –"

"– It's okay," he cut her off, proceeding to give her a comforting kiss on the forehead. "I understand. It's okay. Don't worry about it."

"No, you –"

Now the swarm of zombies cut her off. They were alot. She wouldn't lie, her heart was beating so fast in her chest that it felt like it'd burst out any moment. She ignored her heart and constant pleadings of Suhyeok to go up, preparing herself to face the things in front of her. Gyeong-su whirled around, immediately spotting Rosie.

"Yah, Rose, are you fucking stupid?" he raised his voice. "What the fuck are you doing? Come up here!"

Woo-jin held back Gyeong-su, blocking him to go down.

"What is with you, Woo-jin? Let me go, let me help her," he didn't even try to conceal the anger in his voice.

"I told you, stop! Suhyeok is there to help her if she wouldn't be able to take care of herself, but you need to stay put. Don't go there. Please."

"This isn't about me," Gyeong-su said, "This is about Rose – and her safety – and her well-being – and making sure that she survives."

"And she will," Woo-jin offered Gyeong-su a comforting smile when he noticed the vulnerable look on his face. "You know she will."

"That's the thing, Woo-jin," Gyeong-su said slowly, his voice a whisper, "I'm not so sure anymore."

sike, late updates sucks