𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Gyeong-su looked at Rosie with an expression she couldn't quite understand. She ignored his gaze, focusing on the floor. He still had his arms wrapped around her, not wanting to let go.

"Running away will get you killed," he broke the silence she was desperately trying to ignore.

"No," she glanced at his face before looking back at the floor. "Stupidity is what gets someone killed."

"You know what I mean," he sighed heavily. Giving her shoulder a firm squeeze, he continued, "And you were stupid out there."

"How's that stupid?" she looked at him with furrowed brows. Sure, she knew it was a very stupid decision, but she had to do it.

"How's that -" he stuttered, "How's that stupid, you ask? Rose, how many times do I have to remind you that you are not an immortal for you to be doing crazy things? You're a fucking human, just like the rest of us. You are experiencing this for the first time, just like the rest of us. What if something bad had happened to you, huh? What then? Do you not care about us? About me?"

"I," she paused before continuing, "Of course I care about you, Gyeong-su, and for you to think otherwise–"

"– Then why don't you show it?" he cut her off. "Why do you not act like you care about me? Your actions certainly tells me the opposite."

"You really feel like I don't care about you?" she asked sadly. She never thought it'd hurt him that bad. She never thought hearing him say that would hurt her. She cared about him very much, he had no idea - nobody did.

His features softened a little, shoulders slumping slightly. "Well, do you? Anytime we're safe, you run away. Anytime you're with me, you run away. I feel like I'm the problem; that you don't like my company."

"Hey," she tilted her body, facing him. She put her right hand on his cheek, rubbing her thumb softly on his skin. "There's no one is this room I care about more except you. I told you already, Gyeong-su, it's not you. I know what I did was stupid, and I can't make any excuses for it. It hurt me as much as it hurt you, really. It might be hard to trust my words right now, but I swear on my life, Gyeong-su, there's no one else I'd rather spend my time with. I want to be with you."

I want to be with you. I want to be with you. I want to be with you. I want to kiss your soft lips. I want to hug you tightly. I want you to hold me close. I want to be the person who wakes up next to you every morning. I want to be the person you can easily talk to. I want to be the person who can take away your worries and give you good time and memories. I want to be the person you can tell anything to you. I want to be with you.

Of course she couldn't say that. He breathed in and out softly, contemplating her words. He trusted her, there was no doubt in that.

I want to be with you too, Gyeong-su thought, But our definition of 'being together' is very different, Rose.

Oh how wrong he was.