Leave 03

.

.

.

Akito munches on his breakfast along with Leila. The two, who are seated across from one another, chose a small diner.

"Hamf, nom, nom..."

While his meal consists of pancakes and eggs, hers is a couple French toast sticks that she's holding with her napkin to prevent her hands from getting dirty and some vegetables.

And naturally, because she's smaller than him and therefore has a lighter meal, she finishes her breakfast first and waits for him to get done.

Leila sighs. "I've been thinking about something-"

"Leila is thinking? This ought to be good," He chuckles. 

She pouts. "Since when were you one to tease me?"

"Well, I thought I should probably act less like soldier Akito Hyuuga for once and instead be your loving fiancé. We are getting married soon, after all."

The blonde blushes, looks down, and squirms. "A-Ah. Yes, we are... A-Anyway!" She looks back up at him. "That's not what I wanted to talk about! Come with me back to the car."

Right as he finishes eating, she slaps the money onto the table plus a tip for the bill, grabs his hand, and almost drags him with her towards their car that they use to get around New Pendragon from the military air base upon their arrival in the nation, a limousine. 

Getting in, she ignores their driver and pulls the divider window down so that they can talk in private.

He sees a serious expression on her face, not the one she'd have when giving commands to her subordinates, but a contemplative one nonetheless.

"Is everything okay, Leila?"

"Yeah. It's just that I've been thinking about all this, about everything we've seen thus far in regards to Lelouch's life. What is the point in showing us all this? And not just you and me, but those other 26 people? Empress Nunnally is understandable, but why are we here?"

"Are you saying A.A has some ulterior motive that extends beyond her superficial desire for entertainment?"

"Yes. Perhaps, we're supposed to learn from our mistakes? Although, that's the thing. You and I didn't do anything to earn anyone's ire, so it must be that we're here to learn from the mistakes of the others in order to make Europia a better place. After all, the Black Knights apparently betrayed Zero, who was Lelouch, and it sounds like they may have been mistaken to have done so."

"Hm... A plausible and very reasonable theory."

"Secondly, I believe that these episodes are trying to piece together a story, a moral lesson, about the necessity of lying so that we're taught to not let our emotions control us if someone like Lelouch were to manipulate us."

"Agreed. It's undeniable that he wore a mask for his sister's sake."

"And finally, the thing I most wanted to talk to you about is this L.L person seated next to C.C."

"L.L, huh. He does seem kinda suspicious."

"A.A brought us all here because we all somehow played a role in Lelouch's life. C.C claimed that L.L was an abandoned child, but if that's the case, is she just keeping him close because there is no one that can look after him while she's away? What significance did he play in Lelouch's journey? And if he's mute, then why does he wear a mask?"

"Maybe he's horribly disfigured and is insecure about it?"

"That is possible, but I don't know. It's just that I think I've seen him from somewhere before but can't quite place where. Call it déjà vu."

"Now that you mention it, L.L gives off a very familiar aura."

"For now, let's just keep an eye on him." She lifts the divider and tells the driver, "Mr. Chauffeur, please take us back to the theater."

"Yes, ma'am."

And although Leila has a sneaking suspicion of who L.L is, she won't say it yet in case she's wrong.

Somewhere in the distance, Lelouch sneezes.

.

.

.

A few minutes later, everyone arrived back at the theater. 

A.A looks around, takes a head count, and smiles. "Well then... It's time to continue."

She hits the play button.

To Be Continued

I don't remember how smart Leila is as a tactician (she made very few mistakes as a tactician, if any). But as a human being, I think she's more emotionally in tune with and perceptive of others than even Nunnally. Hell, I think Leila understands people better than even Shirley. 

That's why I feel that Leila will be the first, and maybe the only one, to figure out that L.L is Lelouch. As L.L, he comes off as introverted and defensive because he is now married, he has a family in C.C and therefore will do anything to protect her. That's why he was nervous in the Prologue when A.A met them and called him out. He finally has something to live for and thought he could do so without looking over his shoulder but now has that same fear he had as Lelouch Lamperouge, a secret refugee exiled Prince trying to protect Nunnally and their identity.

All these feelings, Leila has a sixth sense for.

Caption- Lelouch and C.C Body Switch

C Body Switch