39

I'm sorry for this chapter. I cried writing it and editing it. I felt like it was important to speak on the mindset Ana had.

Let me know what you think.

Please vote and comment!

(Bucky POV)

At the sound of a break-in everyone changed into suits, ready for a fight. Maybe Sharon heard of the wedding and wanted to fuck it up. I stayed with Ana, protecting her until Bruce and Shuri told me to go with the rest. Shuri pulled out two gloves that sparked electricity and Bruce untied his tie ready to Hulk out. I pressed my hand against the glass of Ana's chamber wishing I could touch her again, before heading to the living room where the wedding had just taken place. The Dora Milaje split into two groups, one stood on the sides of the Avengers, the other surrounded the Queen Mother with T'Challa in his Black Panther suit standing tall in front of them. I walked over to stand behind Steve who stood in front of everyone who had spread out to ensure they had freedom to attack.

"Genetic Scan in progress. Boss, they seem to be the children of Rogers and Garcia"  FRIDAY called out to Tony.

"Well I guess it's another family reunion." Tony said to Steve. I tighten my fists. If I have to fight them to capture them for Ana I will. We hear shrieking and metal scratching.

"The elevators have secondary protective gates on the doors...it sounds like they're breaking through it." Tony adds, he taps his chest getting ready for a fight himself.

"Boss...they left the elevator" FRIDAY says, I wipe the tears from my eyes and roll my shoulders. I won't let them get to Ana..I won't let them take her...kill her...

We hear footsteps round the corner. The triplets slow their walk as they see us all ready for a fight. The Dora Milaje change their position in one swift movement placing their staffs angle down protectively.

I watch as they scan the room. "So...dad...where is mom?" One spoke straight to Steve, she was nervous and spoke softly, her voice a painful reminder of Ana. I let my hands ease off of their fists. Something was different about them, they were acting timid and stood defensively rather than offensively like before.

I hear Steve's breath catch. "Did you just call me dad?" His eyebrows knitted together in confusion, his hand on his chest. I could see his breathing change slightly. Looking over to him I see Wanda from the corner of my eyes slowly smile and relax her shoulders. She read something in their minds that put her at ease. Is this it? Did the boy take my advice? Do they know the truth now and came home? Came home for Ana?

"Yea..I mean..that's who you are right?" One pulled something out her pocket making everyone twitch a bit, then she showed it side by side with the ring she hung around her neck. Looking closer it was the same rings, both of them...they went to the graveyard..they went to see their grandmother like I said. I took a deep breath knowing it worked. They know now, they know the truth of what's happened to them. Tony walked up to them removing his Iron Man suit.

"You..did you dig your grandmother out?" Tony says surprised with a bit of sarcasm in his voice. I couldn't help but smirk, if he only knew I sent them there.

"We had to know the truth...now tell us where is our mother...Ana?" My throat closes up for a moment. I have to tell them, it has to be me. It was all my idea, I had to put her in the chamber. I took a few steps forward feeling a tear drop uncontrollably because I knew this would hurt them.

"You...you are too late....." I manage to say to them. I take a deep breath watching their faces fall. "She uh..we had to put her in cryo-sleep to save her life."