Chapter 11: We meet again

Zacznij od początku

"You know you're just giving Klarion what he wants" I heard Xenos say and I turned to look at him seeing his eyes were now purple.

The flickered between purple and blue but were usually purple when he acted as my familiar which I had accidentally created when I first received him

The flickered between purple and blue but were usually purple when he acted as my familiar which I had accidentally created when I first received him. I hadn't realized the bond that we shared until the day before I last saw Charlie. It should've been obvious about what he was to me though. The way he always follows me, the way that he seemed to understand my thoughts and emotions, the fact that I would hear a masculine voice in my head and feel emotions that weren't mine it was all familiar behavior.

Constantine told me about the bond which I had no idea about and just assumed that there was another voice here to help me. The first one was a female so I just figured that I had ancestors trying to guide me.

Of course since I was born on earth it made me an earthbound witch, but now that I had a familiar the laws of nature became bent. With a familiar I could never really die, I'd just come back until both I and my familiar were destroyed.

I sighed and answered Xenos "Yes, I know, but our family and friends lives are on the line" Xenos nodded "I know, but are you sure that you're ready for the repercussions of your decision?" He asked making me give him a suspicious look "Are you hiding something from me? Xenos?" He gave me an offended look "I would never hide anything from my Mistrum!" I let out a hum and said "I'm sure."

I then walked over to my rucksack which carried my magical items such as tarot cards, a few spell books, my own personal journal/spell book, paper sheet magic circles, and a few myst bombs all from Zatanna and Constantine.

I opened it and said "Let's go" Xenos happily hopped in and when I exited the changing room I saw Jason waiting by his motorcycle with Roy.

~~~timeskip~~~
We arrived in Metropolis and I got off the back of Jason's bike and removed the spare helmet before quickly reapplying my face mask. I found that I was more confident with it on rather than with it off.

"Are you sure about this?" Jason asked, making me nod "Klarion's temperament will only worsen until he gets what he wants" I replied, making Jason sigh "I don't like it but it's the only plan we've got. Just be careful, okay sib?" I smiled and nodded before lifting up the bottom half of my mask and pecking the cheek of his mask "I will big bro, just cover me, okay?" He nodded and I jogged over to Klarion's barrier.

I looked at Klarion's back before lowering my gaze to Teekl who's back was also facing me with her tail twitching sporadically in agitation as she scanned the area looking for something, or rather someone, and was disappointed each time she didn't see them. I knelt to the ground on one knee and said in a coo "Tsk, tsk, tsk Teekl. C'mere sweet girl."

Teekl's head snapped to me and her eyes lit up and she released a pleased mew before hopping over to me. Teekl broke the barrier as she leaped through it and into my awaiting arms. She purred loudly causing Xenos to crawl out of the rucksack and peer over my shoulder at her. Teekl caught sight of Xenos and released another happy mew before they both leaned in close to each other and made their noses touch as if they were Eskimo kissing.

"Teekl?! What are you doing-?! You!" I heard Klarion yell, before he caught sight of me. I looked up to he him lower himself from levitating his face morphed back to normal. He hesitantly approached me in a manner that reminded me of a person seeing their lost loved one after years of being apart "Hello, Klarion" I said softly making him shiver "I've come to bargain."

He eyed me for a moment and asked "What is it that you wish to bargain?" I swallowed and said "You stop all this destruction and clean up your mess" his face hardened and he asked "What makes you think that I would make that kind of deal?" I walked closer to him till we stood toe to toe and I said "Because I'll give you what you want. Me" he blinked "You..?" I nodded "It's why you've been doing all this isn't? Trying to catch my attention. Trying to get me to come out of the shadows."

He narrowed his eyes and snapped "If you knew what I was doing, then why didn't you come out sooner?!" Teekl and Xenos gave him scolding yowls but I simply answered "Because I was afraid" he looked at me in surprise and....hurt? "Are you still afraid?" I nodded looking down at the ground in shame as I admit my cowardice. Klarion's frown deepened and he asked "Then why are you here?" I closed my eyes and said "I'm here on behalf of someone I love" he freezes and I swear I could feel jealousy and pain coming off him in waves, but I continue nonetheless "I'm here because you're hurting them, and I care more about them than my own well-being."

I look up at him and stare into his cobalt eyes "I rather face my fears than watch you hurt them and take another person away from me" he grew quiet and seemed to understand what I meant "So do we have a deal, Klarion?" I extended my hand with my palm upwards revealing a contract magic circle drawn on it in red paint.

Klarion sees it and his eyes widened as he realized how serious I was. He lowers his gaze and thinks for a moment but after Teekl mewls at him he nods and says "Deal" before grabbing my outstretched hand. A wave of magic fills us both binding ourselves to each other.

Klarion raised his hand and snaps his fingers making everything go back to normal as if Metropolis was never under attack in the first place. Everyone looks around in confusion before Damian catches sight of me with Klarion and cries out "Bla-Starling!" But it's too late.

 Everyone looks around in confusion before Damian catches sight of me with Klarion and cries out "Bla-Starling!" But it's too late

We vanished.