Chapter One Hundred and Seventy-Seven - Purgatory

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

They walked for a couple of hours, searching every hole in the ground and every rotting tree stump.
"I think we're going round in circles." Dean thought aloud, grimacing at a dead creature on the ground next to him. "We've seen this corpse before."
"No, Dean. My sense of direction is excellent. That's a different corpse." Castiel replied, looking through the trees for anything that could come at them.
Dean looked again, crouching down next to it.
"I don't know..."
"Maybe this whole thing would be easier if we weren't being followed the whole time." Eden growled.
Before either could respond, she sped over to a tree a few dozen feet behind them and came out gripping a Leviathan by the back of the neck. The man in question had dark, centre-parted hair, a matching goatie and wore all black Hunter's gear.
"What the bloody hell do you want?" The Dark Angel sneered.
"You're right. It is a different corpse." Dean shrugged to Castiel before turning to the captured Leviathan.
"We saw you following us." Castiel asked.
"Thought you'd never make your move." The Winchester added. "Guess we were right, huh."
"What do you want?" The man asked. "Why are you here?"
"Well, it's a little embarrassing to say out loud, but we're looking for a flower." Dean told him.
"A flower? What do I look like, a florist?" The Leviathan scoffed, crying out when Eden's grip on his neck got significantly tighter.
"Well, if you can't help us... See this broom stick?" Dean held up his shotgun. "It's loaded with Borax-filled shells. You know what Borax does to Piranha-faced freaks like you? And that's just for start. See, this thing'll hurt. But you mess with little miss hormonal over there and she'll rip every single one of your bones out of your body and she'll name every damn one of 'em too."
"He's right, you know." Eden smirked, despite him not able to see her.
"We'd be happy to show you." Dean continued.
"We don't call it a flower." The Leviathan sighed. "There's a blossom. Grows out of the ground when we die."
"When... Leviathan die." Castiel clarified.
"Alright, okay. Cool." Dean said as he cocked the shotgun.
"I- Hey!" The man freaked, holding out his hands defensively. "The body has to rot. Could take months. And then these blossoms bloom. Ten husks, bloody red centre. I know a place, not far."
"And look at that. Thought you weren't a florist." Dean smirked. "Eden. You gotta leash or somethin' you can put him on?"
"Hey, I saw how fast she was, man. I'm not going anywhere." The Leviathan defended, but then, he paused. "Wait, Eden? As in Adam and Eve's kid?"
"Who wants to know?" Eden frowned.
"Oh..." The man chuckled. "All Leviathans have heard that story. God gave us our own Hell when we died because we freaked him out so much. But you? Man, he wishes he could be so lucky again."
He went to lead the way, thinking the half-baked story and the silence would change the subject for itself, but Dean stopped him, putting his hand on the man's chest.
"Wait. You know a Vamp around here named Benny? Burly guy. Cajun."
"No." The creature replied. "Heard of him, though. Everybody has. The guy who got out and then came back. Like an idiot."
"Pretty much." Dean tilted his head. "Where is he?"
"Dead. Long time ago. His own kind, they didn't trust him. They-" The Leviathan cut himself off, making a tearing noise and motion to match. "Ripped him apart."
"Alright, let's go..." Dean mumbled, shoving him forward.

Purgatory's dulled interpretation of daylight had fully set in as the three Hunters and the Leviathan walked alongside a blackened river.
"I'm sorry about Benny." Cas uttered.
"I owed him my life." Dean said. "And he sacrificed himself to get Sam out of this place."
"Well, this place will bring that out in you." The Angel replied. "Guilt... It was my fault the Leviathan got out, it was my fault we were here the first time, it was my fault Eden was taken from here and locked in Heaven's jail... I carry that guilt everyday."
"It wasn't your fault I was locked in Heaven's jail. It was Naomi's." Eden sighed.
"I should've checked on you, made sure you were back on Earth. But I-"
"We know you're sorry, Cas." Dean interjected. "About Benny, about mom, about Eden."
"I was talking about Jack, too." Cas pointed out. He looked to the Winchester, who said nothing. "I already apologised to you, you just refused to hear it."
"Sorry I brought it up." Dean mumbled. "Maybe if you didn't just up and leave us."
"You didn't give me a choice." The Angel retorted.
"Do we have to have a domestic now, boys?" Eden groaned, only to be ignored.
"You couldn't forgive me." Castiel continued. "And you couldn't move on. You were too angry. I left, but you didn't stop me."
Dean said nothing, choosing only to glare down the path they were headed.