Chapter Four: Being Visible

Start from the beginning

"But I love you enough to do something for you." He continued.

He got his phone out of his pocket. "What's the name of your punishment supervisor?"

"Sergeant Daniel Meade." I gladly gave the name. "You won't fire him though."

"No." He answered.

"No." Rehan repeated.

He made a phone call. "Good morning. Yes..." He chuckled. "Connect me to Sergeant Daniel Meade." There was momentary silence. He put the call on speaker.

"SC." I recognize the hoarse voice that he is always shouting at Cassidy and I.

"Sergeant Meade, I'm sorry to inconvenience you this morning but Renée won't be showing up for punishment."

"Is everything all right?"

"Yes."

"No problem sir. Anything you need SC."

"Good work on the newest batch of recruits. I can't wait to attend graduation and see what your sweat and blood has achieved."

The Sergeant laughed. He actually laughed! I have never heard him laugh!

"Thank you SC! It will be an honor!"

"The honor is mine. See you then." He hanged up and smiled at me. "Make good use if this day off. I expect a performance for a king tonight." I laughed with relief. "And you my prince!" He took his son from my lap. "Have a beautiful fun day with your mom. I love you."

He kissed Rehan's forehead and then we shared a brief kiss before he left me.

I fell back on the bed and squealed like a little girl! It pays to have Reli as a husband. He gets things done.

"Daddy is superman!" I informed Rehan.

He equally squealed especially when someone walked into the bedroom. He started kicking his feet in the air. It's Dana. His playmate is back!

"I'm back!" Dana sang. We broke into a squealing contest.

Bowie took a three month vacation and he took Dana along with him. We jumped up and down like idiots until we got tired. We both jumped on the bed falling back first at the same time with Rehan between us. "I'm so happy you're back!"

My son climbed on her. He thinks we are all chairs meant for him to sit his royal ass on.

"What did I miss?"

"I punched Cassidy Spade in the throat."

She propped herself up on her elbow, tucking Rehan close. "The navy girl? Is it because of that kiss he told you about?"

"Yes."

"Talk about delayed reaction! It has taken you this long? I expected it like the next day after he told you! Are you in trouble?"

"Yes. Punishment. I have 16 days to go. I'm beat. But Reli got me out of it today."

"And Cassidy?"

"We are doing the punishment together."

"Wow. Are you bonding?"

"She's not that bad."

"Progress. Anything else? There's a new face in the palace. She was giving me a look when I arrived. Who is she? She looked familiar..." Dana scratched her head. "I think I have seen her on TV. The... queen something."

"The Queen Maker." I answered.

"Aha! That one."

"QM hired her to straighten me out."