Chapter 10: The Troll Problem

Start from the beginning

Snape looked aghast, and he walks out through a doorway. A bit later, Percy was leading the house down a corridor, "Gryffindors, keep up please. And stay alert!" Percy yelled. "How could a troll get in?" Harry asks me and Ron. "Not by itself. Trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes." Ron suggests. "Well if it's a joke. It sure isn't funny." I add. Suddenly, Harry stops and pulls me and Ron aside, "What?" me and Ron both question. "Hermione! She doesn't know!" Harry reminds. I completely forgot about her. The three of us separated ourselves from the crowd. We ran down corridors. We started running down a hall when we stopped, because there was a grunting noise and a large shadow on the wall, "I think the troll's left the dungeon!" Ron points out. 

Harry and I pulled Ron into a doorway, we peered out to see a large, ugly troll thunks by into a room, "It's going into the Girl's Bathroom!" Harry points out. "And Hermione is in there too." I sigh. 

In the bathroom, Hermione emerges from a stall, wiping her eyes. She stopped when she saw something. The troll is standing there in front of her. Hermione backs up, into the stall just as the troll raises its club and smashes the top part of the stalls. Hermione screams. Harry, Ron, and I came bursting in, "Hermione, move!" Harry and I call out. The troll smashes the remaining stalls, "Help! Help!" Hermione calls out. We then started throwing wooden pieces at the troll to draw it's attention away from Hermione, "Hey, pea brain!" Ron calls out too as he also throws wood and hits the troll on the head. Hermione escapes from the stalls to under a sink, but the troll sees her and goes to smash her. It cracks the sink and barely misses Hermione. Harry and I cringe, "Ahhh! Help!" Hermione yells. 

Harry and I get out our wands. Harry ran forward and grabs the troll's club, and is lifted up. "Whoa!" Harry yelled. He lands on the troll's shoulders, and is hurled around, back and forth. Harry's wand shoots up the troll's nose. The troll groans in disgust. Ron, Hermione, and I were disgusted by Harry's wand in the troll's nose. The troll snorts, and whips around, "Whoa, whoa whoa!" Harry yelled, still holding on the the troll. The troll gets Harry off its shoulders and is holding him by one leg, upside down, "Do something!" Harry yelled. I ran forward and just stomped on the trolls toe. The troll just stared at me with anger. There was a moment of silence, "I'm sorry." I said. The troll then kicked me out of the way into a wall. I get back up and struggle to keep my balance. Water. It gears up its club and swipes at Harry. He pulls himself up, then down, "What?!" Ron asked. "Anything!" Harry answered, the troll swiped at Harry again, "Hurry up!" he yelled again. Ron grabs his wand. Under the sink, Hermione waves her hand. Toilet Water. I look around and see the toilet's water spilling out of the toilet. I grabbed my wand which laid down in front of me, "Swish and flick!" Hermione reminded. 

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron and I both yelled at different things. Me at the water, and Ron at the troll. Flick. The club is lifted out of the troll's hand and hovers above its head. The water from the toilet bursts out at the troll as I directed it at it's face. The troll covers his face from the water and does not notice the club floated above him. The toilet ran out of water and stopped, leaving the troll boiling with rage and confusion. He then looked up, confused, just as the club comes crashing back down at his face, "Cool." Ron said. It hits the troll's head that hard and the troll wavers, then drops Harry, who crawls away, and slowly comes crashing down, knocked out. Hermione approaches carefully, "Is it...dead?" Hermione questions. " I don't think so." Harry said, "Probably just knocked out." I finished. He grabs his wand...which is covered in mucus, "Ugh! Troll bogies." Harry complained. Hey! I didn't get a headache this time at least.

Harry wipes his wand on his robes. Suddenly, McGonagall, Snape and Quirrell come rushing in. They all gasped at the knocked out troll, "Oh! Oh, my goodness! E-Explain yourselves, both of you!" McGonagall orders. "Well, what it is..." Harry, Ron, and I say in sync, but are interrupted by Hermione, "It's my fault, Professor McGonagall." she said. The teachers, Ron, Harry, and I look at her, "Miss Granger?" McGonagall asks. "I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Harry and Ron hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead." Hermione explained. "Be that as it may be...it was an extremely foolish thing to do." McGonagall says.

Harry notices Snape's leg, which has the trousers' leg torn and a large cut on it. Snape notices and covers it up, glaring at Harry, "I would have expected more rational behavior on your part, Miss Granger. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment." McGonagall continues. She turns to Harry, Ron, and I, "As for you two gentlemen I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. Five points...will be awarded to each of you." McGonagall awards. Harry, Ron, and I grin at each other, "For sheer dumb luck." she finishes. Snape and McGonagall leave the bathroom, "Perhaps you ought to go...M-might wake up...heh." Quirrell stumbles on his words. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I exit the bathroom. Quirrell looks at the unconscious troll. The troll growls, seemingly going to wake up, "Ahh! Hehe...." he screams. 

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I are walking back to the Gryffindor Common Room through the corridor, "Good for you to get us out of trouble like that." Harry tells Hermione. I nod my head, "Agreed." I add. "Mind you, I mean, we did save her life." Ron added as well. "Mind you, she didn't need saving if you hadn't insulted her." I respond, reminding him that this was partially his fault. Hermione looks at Ron, "What are friends for?" Ron says in return. We all smiled at each other as we carried on through the corridor.