Chapter 22 - Normal

Start from the beginning

“Yeah, it is,” Adam argued.

“I’m not sure I've ever seen you having fun, so I don't know what mood your talking about, but I’m talking about the mood you always fucking ruin with your judgey little eys,” I stood up, standing an inch in front of his face.

“Adam she’s high and drunk, let’s go,” Cole warned.

Adam grabbed my wrist and I was yanked towards the door.  

“You don't own me,” I kicked him.  

“Can we just go home before I do something I’ll regret?”

I laughed, “Oh please.  Just let go of me and problem solved.”

I was suddenly lifted onto someone's shoulder.  I took a sharp breath before realizing it was Cole.  

I started to protest but the movement made my head spin.

I was put in a car.  

Cole left the door open and stepped back as I threw up on the sidewalk.

“All right,” he said once I was done and pushed my face back into the car.

River woddled over and sat next to me in the back seat.  Hope was no where to be seen.  

“You good?” I asked.

“Never better.”

“Never better,” I repeated.

~~~

Mom and Dad came back Monday.  I couldn't remember much of Saturday night.  I just knew that I probably pissed off Adam again because he kept giving me the cold shoulder.  

The week went by smoothly and I felt like I was finally becoming a normal person.  I fought with my brothers and hung out with friends.  My grades were back to normal and life was right there with them.  Normal, thats all I want.

That Friday I bumped into Jacklin.  Well more like she intentionally got in my way.  

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry,” she said in her “I’m not sorry” tone.

“You’re good,” I said stepping aside and trying to be the bigger person. 

“Why are you still here?” She snarled.

“I go to school here?” 

“Why?  Just leave.  You’re a whore.”

“I know,” I said, “Have a good one.” I walked away. 

My hair was jerked back and I stumbled to the ground.  

She got up in my face, “I didn't call DSS just so you could still be here, so get lost.”

“Damn, you called them, figures,” I said unfazed, “Jacklin, are you okay?”

“What?” she asked sharply.

“Are you genuienly okay?  Like menaltally?” 

“Why would you ask me that bitch?  Your the one with menalt problem.”

“I’m getting better, but do you need help?” I was still sat on the floor in the middle of the empty hallway looking up at her.

“I will make your life a living hell,” she said.

“Been there done tha-”

~~~

I woke up in the nurses office with a massive headache.  There was an ice pack pressed against my face.

I sat up and looked around.  I saw the nurse in the other room on the computer.  I got up and she looked up at me. 

“You’re awake I was just looking up your parent’s numbers,” she told me leaning on the door frame.