Twenty Two - "Make sure she'll come."

Start from the beginning

"I'll do my best, dad. I'll talk to the land owners and give them our best offer," I gave him the assurance, as always to please him.

"Do it, asap," he instructed firmly, "Ramona will give you the details of the project. She knows everything."

"Sure, I'll ask for a detailed written report."

"There's no need for that," he scoffed, "you should spend more time with her. Take her out to dinner. You can talk more in a relaxed environment... Give it a try, son. She's a very fine lady, she's good for you."

My executive secretary, Mr. Penn entered the office, reminded me of my meeting.

"I really have to go, dad. I have a meeting with Mr. Park."

"Ahh... damn that man, we're not getting much from him. He'll just ask you to invest more in return!"

"Don't worry about that. If ever he'll convince me with his new project, I'll be taking it from my personal funds. Enjoy your vacation, dad. Bye for now," I let out a long sigh, after we ended the call.

I nodded to Mr. Penn, who saved me from answering dad about Ramona Vega. I knew too well about dad's plan. Basically, he was shamelessly throwing me and Ramona together.

Ramona Vega is a pretty, sophisticated, and classy woman. Everytime I see her, she reminds me of Anton. They were once a young couple, so happy and in love with each other. I saw them hugging and kissing often. So, it was hard for me to imagine a romantic relationship with her.

I groaned and leaned my arms on the desk. Besides, all I could think of right now is Pia. The whole morning, I spent a lot of time staring at her number on my phone, contemplating if I should call her or not. I could not concentrate on work and often spaced out.

I got so distracted that it disrupted my work. This could not go on. I have to find a way.

The door opened, and Mr. Joon Park entered.

"Hello, my friend," Mr. Park greeted so brightly, "I'm sorry to ask for this meeting again. It's hard to talk about business during dinner parties," he said, referring to his birthday dinner party last Saturday.

"Business and leisure should not mix," I shook the hand he extended for a handshake, then we settled on our seats.

"I don't want to waste your time, you're a very busy man. I have to be direct to you, that our company needs your help in funding for our new project..." he started talking and continued for the next fifteen minutes.

I looked at my watch, it was time for my next meeting.

"We already had our company's annual budget for all the projects we supported, we cannot allocate more. But I'm still considering investing in your new project," I assured him, "how about dinner this coming Friday. In my mansion."

He looked surprised, "sure! That would be great."

"Bring your wife and daughter," I leaned back, and said shamelessly "and your daughter's best friend."

"Pia Rosi?" his forehead furrowed.

"Yeah. Pia Rosi," I nodded, "make sure she'll come."

Pia's POV

"Good evening, Mr. Park..." I made a casual bow, "Mrs. Park... um.. Miss Kimberly. Welcome to the Stavrakos Mansion."

"Oh! You must be Olympia, Pia's aunt," Mrs. Park's face lit up, "Kim told us about you. It's really good that you're working with Mr. Stavrakos."

"Just like Luis," Mr. Park said, referring to my father, Luis Rosi, "you actually look like Pia..."

"I'm starving! When are we gonna eat?" Kimberly interrupted her father to rescue me.

We already agreed that whenever her parents asked for any information, she would divert to any topic.

"Stop acting like we don't feed you," Mrs. Park scolded Kimberly, then turned to me, "sorry about my daughter, Miss Rosi."

"It's okay. The master just arrived. He'll come down in a minute."

"We came too early," Mr. Park chuckled, checking the time in his watch, "we avoided the traffic."

"By the way, where's Pia?" Mrs. Park asked me, "Kim said that she arrived here in the mansion earlier?"

"Yeah, she did, this afternoon. Um... she's still taking a shower. She'll come down when the food is ready."

Mr and Mrs Park looked at each other, seemed relieved.

I helped them seated in the living room, and offered them drinks. I had Freda turn on soft music to help the guests relax.

"Go, get change now," Kimberly whispered behind me, "I'll take care of them."

"I'll be quick," I whispered back.

Before I could leave, Kristov Stavrakos entered the living room. He looked so tall and devastatingly handsome wearing an all black polo shirt and pants. His hair glistened from the shower, his face so clean and fresh.

He greeted the guests, exchanged pleasantries, then turned to me.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm going to call Pia. She's in my room," I tried to be more composed, and speak calmly.

"There's no need. You stay here, and entertain the guests," his smile broadened, "I'll fetch her myself."

Surprised, I stared at him in shock.

"Oh no-no. There's no need for that, sir. I'll... I'll go and fetch her."

"I insist," he smiled, and left the living room before I could utter a word.

Panicked, I turned to Kimberly, who looked as agitated as I was.