When is it my turn? (F!Reader)

"Pepa!"

The redhead cringed at her mother's annoyed voice. Damnit! She hadn't wanted to do it! Really! It hadn't been her intention for her cloud to burst right on top of you and her brother. She just wanted Bruno to stop trying to tell you another one of his stories. It was her turn to be with you!

"I'm sorry mami" she said, pulling on her braid and staring at the ground.

"Look what you did, your brother and Y/N are soaked" Alma frowned.

"Y/N doesn't seem to mind" Julieta chimed in.

"Y/N doesn't mind anything" Bruno growled, approaching his mother

Pepa tried not to blush when she saw you take off your blouse and skirt, leaving you in your underwear. You had been friends with the triplets since they were children and from the beginning, it had been clear that you were not ashamed of anything. At first, it was a shock, but after so many years of friendship, even Alma had gotten used to it and accepted this fact.

For the triplets and their mother, it wasn't uncommon to see you in your underpants or covered in dirt or with your clothes plastered to your sodden body. It was just your nature. The problem was that the middle sister had started having feelings for you a while ago. Feelings that a simple friend shouldn't have.

It started when you approached her and asked her to dance. You were one of the few people besides her siblings and that Felix boy that didn't mind her clouds and sudden changes. In fact, you had fun being with her when it rained or snowed, and that in turn made her calm down faster.

That time, she had been very, very upset and nothing Bruno and Julieta said seemed to help, much less her mother's scolding. But you had confidently approached and made her dance in her own rain. She had felt your warmth filling her own body and when her cheeks flushed at the sight of your soaked, semi-sheer blouse against your skin, she knew she was lost. You were no longer just a friend to her.

It was hard to admit it to herself because she was convinced you would never feel the same way. And she had reason to think so! Mainly the fact that you treated her siblings the same way or that you actually seemed to be spending more time with them lately.

"Ohh second round is coming!" you said happily noticing the clouds return

"Pepa!" Alma crossed her arms

"Sorry! Clear skies, clear skies"

Your laugh, while you jumped in the puddles that had been created, helped her a little...until you took Julieta's hand and brought her closer to you so that she could play with you. That made the thunder return.

"PEPA!!!"

__________________________

"Where is Pepa? She could help us"

The redhead stopped in her tracks when she heard your voice from Casita's living room. She didn't know you were here and...you were asking for her? A light fog enveloped her as she blushed, but she quickly regained her composure and walked into the room with a huge smile.

"Help you with what?" she asked, making you and Bruno jump

"Oh hi Peanut!" you smiled "Butter and I are making the three-cornered hat! But we are missing one person" you explained

Bruno looked at his sister fearfully, knowing that she would probably find this absurd. Pepa however had to restrain herself from blushing at the stupidly adorable nickname.

"Do you want to be our governor?" you asked

"Th-the governor?" the redhead asked "doesn't he die?"

"Yup. Bruno will be the peasant and I will be his wife" you explained.

Bruno was the only one to notice that the temperature in the room dropped almost immediately and Pepa's smile faded before she crossed her arms and frowned.

"You're 20 years old, both of you grow up!" she said and stormed out of there with a cloud shooting lightning bolts.

Her stupid little brother and his stupid plays. Why would you offer her a role in which she would clearly die? Why couldn't Bruno do it and she would be your wife? It was unfair!

__________________________

"Jelly, stop moving!"

"You tickle me Y/N" Julieta giggled "And don't call me that"

"Pepa and Bruno don't complain about me calling them Peanut and Butter, so you can't tell me to stop calling you Jelly" you scolded softly

Pepa knew that she shouldn't go into the kitchen. She knew deep inside that whatever she saw would only make her feel bad...but she just couldn't help it. She wanted to see you even for a moment. So against her better judgment, the redhead took a look at the kitchen.

There you were, precious, perfect, beautiful, laughing with her older sister while both of you had your faces covered in flour. So you helped the brunette cook again, huh? It was already becoming usual for you to come looking for Julieta in the afternoons and Pepa didn't like it.

However, her train of thought stopped when she saw you approach her sister again and start massaging her shoulders. Julieta squirmed a bit from the tickles but she managed to stay still enough to let you work.

Pepa felt her heart break and she quickly walked away with a black cloud over her head. She couldn't be mad at her sister really, she loved her siblings more than anything, but it hurt a lot that you weren't as close to her as you were to them, especially when out of the three of them, she was the one who needed you the most.

But when had life been fair to her?

________________________

"Hello Peanut!" you smiled when you saw your friend approaching you

However, Pepa didn't say anything to you, she simply grabbed your arm strongly and dragged you away from Julieta's stand, leaving her siblings surprised and you confused. There were no clouds, but the air around the two of you was hot.

When she was sure you were far enough away, she turned to you and crossed her arms.

"When is it my turn?" she asked dryly

"What?" you blinked "what are you talking about?"

"When is my turn with you, Y/N?" she repeated, a little blushed "you've been spending too much time with Bruno and Julieta. Have you already forgotten that I'm also your friend?"

You looked at her for a moment. Her face was almost the same color as her hair and she had an adorable pout as her green eyes bored into yours. She looked so cute. And you couldn't help but laugh softly.

"Peps, I tried to invite you to the play with me and Bruno and Julieta asked if you wanted to make cookies with us, but you said no both times. I thought you were the one who didn't want to spend time with me, so I gave you your space." you shrugged

"That...is not true" Pepa said weakly.

She quickly remembered both things and realized that it was, in fact, true. She had been upset with Bruno for playing your husband and she had been jealous of Julieta because you had come looking for her to teach you how to make cookies and she had just left. She hadn't stopped to think about the fact that you had tried to include her as well.

You laughed again at her expression and walked over to poke her cheeks, making her jump and look at you in confusion.

"But, if you really want to know" you whispered conspiratorially "your turn will be when you stop being jealous and ask me out"

You winked at her and gave her lips a quick peck before quickly backing away, leaving her completely red and Encanto covered in mist.