You know when you're waiting for your friends at lunch in high school, so you just sit at your table awkwardly?

Yeah, that was me right now.

It's been an hour since Gigi left to see Car, and I'm thinking it'll be another hour until he gets back.

It's been fine so far, I just feel awkward and lonely sitting around here.

I sat outside again in the yard, taking Gigi's advice of being somewhere highly monitored and supervised.

It's not like I couldn't take care of myself but... why be cocky and arrogant for nothing? I'd rather just sit alone.

Besides, I'd found a spot to sit in the grass, the sun was shining today so I kinda enjoyed it. I felt like a kid again, sitting in the sun and hearing the basketball on the court, hitting the floor and men yelling and shouting to pass and shoot.

I'd honestly just been lost in my thoughts, picking grass idly to try to pass the time. Truth is, I've become a little dependent on Gigi in here, this was the first time being a lone in like a week-

And I mean Gigi and I haven't been separated for a week, literally.

We sleep in the same room, share the same bathroom, shower at the same times, eat together.

It was weird not having him around.

I looked up from my spot in the grass, searching for Officer Blake who'd been hanging around.

When I don't spot him, I startle slightly.

I crane my neck to look around, only spotting one guard at the entrance to the prison building, looking uninterested in everything happening in the yard.

Well shit.

Rationally, I knew I was fine, so I stayed seated where I was for another hour, just waiting.

But when the guard called us in for dinner, I knew something was up with Gigi.

Inmates rushed to the entrance to the prison block, pushing and shoving me as they tried to get first grabs of the dinner food.

I wasn't all that interested in eating, just getting shoved along the crowd until we reached the cafeteria, where I disentangled from the rough swarm of people and looked around for a guard.

Spotting one by the entrance I rushed over, "Excuse me, sir?" I ask, and he looks at me with a bored expression.

He didn't respond verbally, so I take that as my cue to just speak, "Do you know where Gig- Evangelos Kosmos is? He was taken for visitation and hasn't returned."

He seemed to think it over for a minute, before a smirk over took his face, "So he was the one on the security footage." He murmurs more to himself, shaking his head and smiling before looking back to me, "I don't know kid. If he isn't back yet, the best bet is solitary." He shrugs and goes back to his post.

I furrow my brows, what security footage?

Wait- solitary?

I nod at him in thanks and head to sit down at our usual table, not grabbing any food.

So I'm definitely going to be alone tonight.

I twist my lips to the side in contemplation, ignoring the busy chatter around me.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I'd just hang around the common areas and go to my cell as soon as they open.

As long as I didn't run into trouble, I'd be fine.