16

Life was shit, but it could be a lot worse

Since Romeo got free, Giovanni and Massimo barely even look at me, Angelo acknowledging me but only with malicious intent.

He wouldn't lay his hands on me. He wouldn't dare since he knew damn well I'd hit back, twice as hard.

Romeo unfortunately wasn't as confident in himself as that. He's always been the smallest of all of us, and that says a lot considering he's like 6 foot-

Either way- Angelo still isn't a force to be reckoned with.

So no, he wouldn't hurt me but he would make me do all his dirty work for the mafia.

I'd honestly prefer he hit me-

So here I am at some dumb racing tournament in the UK, meeting a new client. More specifically a small-time assassin who seems to have future potential.

I weave through the crowd, bodies dancing everywhere as I try to just push through to the bar where I was supposed to meet this new client.

Someone knocks into me harshly from the side and mutters an apology as I keep going after sending him a harsh glare.

Why the fuck do I put up with anything Angelo says-

Because you made a fucking deal with him idiot.

Fuck. When Angelo was giving me Hell for letting Romeo leave I fought him back just as hard, finally coming down to a fucking deal.

I stay and work for the mafia like an obedient little boy, and they let Rome go live in peace.

So here I am.

I kept pushing through the crowds, not caring particularly who I pushed over on the way- until a hand grabbed my arm, making me halt and look back.

A girl a little shorter than me stood there, scantily dressed and looking at me with wide eyes.

I look at her hand holding my arm in a gentle yet desperate grip. There was a white zip tie locked around her wrist.

Ah.

"Interested?" A man asks, coming up behind her.

My jaw clenches and the girl's gentle grip gets a little firmer.

Interested in bashing your face in? Yes.

I made an executive decision. "How much for the night?" I ask the man, not looking at the girl.

He smiles grimly, "$300." He grins and I mentally roll my eyes.

How could you put a price like that on a human's body?

I fish out three hundred dollar bills from my pocket, dumping them in his hand as he stamps an intricate design on the girl's hand forcefully, marking her as unavailable for the rest of the night.