Chapter 11: Things Fall Apart

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean by that?" Kiara enquired.

"Well, thinking he'll be famished I hurried to bring him food and I forgot to put off the gas, my family, my abode perished from that fire" Hailey said with her eyes getting pale.

"Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss" Kiara retorts.

"Later he was released, and he offered that I stay at his place instead of going to my uncle's place, even if Archer had not asked me out, I harbored intense feelings for him. I agreed out of love and stayed at his place, though he usually allows me my privacy by staying in the sitting room all night, but I was the one who made him stay with me in the bedroom" Hailey said.

"What?, You mean you raped him?" Kiara asked.

"No, no, no how will I do such, I wet the chairs rather consciously but making him think it was unintentional, then that night he was forced to share the room with me. He tried to put some duvets on the floor to sleep elsewhere but I told him "Steve, you make me feel like I'm tormenting you, if you can't be comfortable with me then I'll just go away". Those were the words that made him stay. That was how we started sharing a bed, but though nothing has happened then. There were awkward moments, sometimes, coming out of the bathroom, he'll quickly leave for the living room, and same thing with me. Sometimes we just look at each other for some minutes without talking. Then I realized that he loved me too, after which we embarked on the real journey of love. We worked on finding an evidence and we realized that there's a CCTV camera that could bring all evidence out. We checked and saw Mr. Mendy therein, he stole Archer's jacket. We took this evidence to the Boss, but Mendy found a way to steal it away, and when the commissioner came, it almost put Boss in trouble that he could not find the evidence. Archer's duplicate copy helped us all and landed Mr. Mendy behind bars, he was there for sometimes and suddenly for some reason, Sheldon your nanny who claimed to be a fortune teller told Archer that he can only survive the matter by having a cordial relationship with Damien. This was where Archer lost his goal, he followed Sheldon's word and pleaded with me to allow him do it so that we'll have no obstacle in future. Only God knows what transpired that made Damien print that the murderer's fingerprints were equivalent to Archer's, no doubt Archer was given 30, instead of life. I think that was from Damien and Mr. Andy's influence. The day he was jailed was the day you were born" Hailey said, pouring a gulp of water to her patched throat.

"So, this Stephen Archer is my father?" Kiara asked surprised, "Then why did you marry Collins his adversary?".

"In real time, in my dreams, in my former lives and the next if there is any, I would never have married Collins. I promised Steph that I'd wait for him, I'd take care of you and when he's released, he'll finally meet his daughter. But Collins was happy that Archer was imprisoned, he had tried on many occasions to get me, but I solely resisted after 5 years he raped me after drugging a happy me on the day of our promotion. I got pregnant but aborted it after promising Archer not to have a child for  anyone else. I did the abortion successfully then got my womb damaged, it was shocking when my doctor told me I had gotten AIDS. I took you to him and you were not infected. After further investigation of my monthly medical checkup, I saw that AIDS started showing up after Collins raped me. I was 35, then you seriously needed a father's care, I could not marry any other man due to AIDS, on Mr. Andy's advice I married Collins, who later knew that I could not born then he married Damien who gave birth to a set of twins twice but lost them, although she finally gave birth to a male child, who survived AIDS but Damien told Collins that she lost the baby. This was when Collins came back to me, since then he commanded that I stop the Police Force and not go out so as not to get in contact with Mr. Andy or Archer. I've had to endure knowing that one day I'll tell you all that happened" Hailey concluded.

"So, if my ears are not playing pranks on me, you said that Archer is my real father and that he was roped". She cleaned the sweats on her nose, "shit, holy shit" she shouted, "then, why are you just telling me that now?" She asked enraged.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"You see!!, It's now easy living with your fate, it's interesting, but you're not meant to have relatives or friends" Archer's dad appeared and told him.

"You were born as a killer!!, you were born as a cop, even though you killed us we'll never hate you" his mom added.

Archer could now see a scene where he was playing, he saw his dad smoking cigarettes and his mom was in the kitchen doing the dishes. The 12 year old Archer was trying to prank his father by hiding his cigarettes. When his father asked him to return them, he quickly threw it far away to show his dad an empty hand, he then realized that he had thrown it into the kitchen. His mother was cooking, the little Archer quickly raced out of the house to the street and within some seconds the house was on fire. His mom died as a result of being in the kitchen and his dad has been in coma ever since. Archer in the dream was taken to his mother's grave, and to the hospital where his 70 years old father is connected to a life support machine, with his boss detective picture hung perfectly on the wall. Archer was moved to tears and soon he saw himself strangling his father who was unconscious and later on switched the life supporting machine off with tears.

Hailey showed up "Archer, you should have let go and allowed us enjoy the rest of our lives as a couple when God bestowed that chance on us by saving you, but your revenge got the best of you. Now go on, on and on and save yourself again after killing our daughter, after killing your own father".

"Dad, You should have learnt to survive the hard way to avoid this destiny, I'll forgive you from heaven when you change and become contrite, goodbye papa" a lady in her twenties said.

"Your fate cannot be changed, learn to live with it, you were born as A Midnight Cop". They all echoed.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Archer rises up from bed, he had stopped screaming since the dream had been a daily alarm for him, but this time the dream was different and he, Archer was crying from the dream to the world. The dream was longer, and the lady that had been showing up everyday now calls him dad, papa. Could that be Kiara? He thought over everything. He knew that he killed his own parents, it was the government that renovated their house and handed it to him when he was 18. He had stayed at the orphanage for 5 years, but he had never gone to his mother's grave as he was scared that his mother will never want to see him. He had never checked on his dad for the same reason, the life support machine was running, thanks to his dad's pension, stocks and shares, now he heard Midnight Cop, it's cool, he could adapt that name.

"Steph, you're crying?" Samuel who woke up soon after asked him.

"No, something entered into my eyes" he lied yawning and he remembered his dad's words, 'will I kill Samuel too?' he thought, as he got up for his evening training.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"You said you need evidence, ok, go to an hospital or laboratory, run a paternity test and confirm this whole shit" Hailey stressed, getting impatient.

"You're getting provoked over the matter, then what should I who have been in the dark all the while do?" Kiara asked.

"Well, I think that's a question for your stepfather to answer, he knows you're not his daughter" Hailey shouted.

The door was flung open and there was Collins "Hailey, Daughter" Collins stood there perplexed, he was sure of what he heard.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Well, I could say this chapter still narrates or summarizes the whole story. Hello, don't forget to click on the ⭐ icon below 👇 then make sure you followup for the next chapter. You all are loved.