24

The next morning had already arrived, and Afya did not want to remove herself from bed. She had stayed in the same position since her heart had been broken merely a few hours previously. To say it still hurt would be an understatement.

Afya was confused, to say the least. On one hand, you had Bukayo who apparently showed that he loved her, and wanting everyone else to know that as well. But on the other hand, he was just a person she was occasionally intimate with, who already had a girlfriend in his life. Which one was the real him?

Afya had spent her troubled night alone contemplating this, accompanied with many tears, of course. She couldn't help it - from a young age she'd been very emotional but hated showing it. Then it would have been Bukayo who made her feel better.

Oh well.

There was a knock on the door, followed by many rhythmic taps. This was then followed by a beatboxer and a voice beginning to rap.

Afya rolled her eyes and rolled out of bed to open the door, meeting none other than Yaw and Kweku standing there, stupid smiles on their stupid faces.

Yaw'syes widened when he saw the stormy look on her. "Wetin dey happen?" he asked confused. "You be pregnant or what?"

Kweku slapped the back of his head. "Which kind nonsense be that?" he snapped. "Afya - Madame Virgin Mary - pregnant?"

Afya then looked to Kweku, unimpressed.

"Are you coming in or not?"

The two boys walked around her to enter the room and sit on the bed, Afya closing the door before re entering with them.

Kweku spotted the discarded hoodie on the floor and picked it up, his eyes scanning it in awe. "When did you get this?" he asked excitedly. "I've been wanting one of these for ages now, can I keep it? Please?"

"I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure Saka wants it back at some point."

Afya shrugged. "He hasn't come for it though, so I guess you're good."

Kweku cheered, but Yaw caught onto her words. "When? How? What?"

He looked to her face and noticed that her eyes were also red and still a bit wet from all the crying. "What happened?"

"Yeah, what happened?" Kweku asked, still admiring the hoodie.

"It's a long, long story."

So Afya began to tell them everything, from the kiss they'd shared at the party, to the cuddles in her bed, and then to him apparently leaving her for Sabrina instead.

Both boys were shocked when they heard the final story.

"If you just let me call my boys," said Yaw. "Just let me call the rest of the Asakaa Boys and they go deal wit him!"

"Bro, don't do that. Don't you know that Blacko and his team go handle him?" Kweku argued.

"Ouu! What if they all work together?"

"Yes! And then, and then after that, we-"

"Will both of you just stop?"

The poor girl's mind was buzzing, and she didn't want to hear her friends plot against someone right now.

"Listen, I know you mean well. But killing him? Really? Is that what you want?"

"It's not about what I want! It's about making you feel better," Yaw replied. "Think about it, you'll never have to deal with him again."

"Yes - I'll have to deal with everyone sending me messages of support because he's dead."

Kweku shook his head. "We warned you about this your London Lover, did we not? Just forget him, make we go spend some time together."

"Exactly what I was going to say," the other boy commented. "Find some place to eat and let's go."

"Now?"

"Yes now, why?"

"Why can't we eat breakfast here?"

"Cause that skunk is gonna be here obviously, and if we see him, I don't think that he'll be able to play in that final."

"Or for the whole of the season, for that matter."

Afya rolled her eyes. "You two are idiots."

"At least we're not good for nothing, backstabbing, crusty looking, foul mouthed, dry skinned, ashy, melanin concentrated, elongated forehead, big nosed, small eyed, pretending, useless, untalented assholes."

Kweku nodded at Yaw's statement. "If I were you," he added. "I would tell him to kiss my natural, sun kissed, flawless, talented, amazing, hustlin, money making, brilliantly beautiful bougie black ass."

"What kinda weird shit are you guys on?"

"It's called 'Friendship'," they said in sync.