20

"Say you have it all, say you have all the things you want. Don't you ever give it to the cult, don't you ever, don't you ever."

Afya was centre stage and practicing how she was going to set herself up on the performance day. Though she had only had a few, her shows were known to be packed full of energy, and even if people weren't familiar with her music, they couldn't say they didn't have a good time.

Afya liked her audience to be engaging; sometimes she would sing her song and have the audience finish the line, or have the audience finish off a verse they knew really well. Occasionally, she even brought people on stage to dance with her.

It was always a wonderful atmosphere. But right now, the young girl was in full focus mode. The operators behind the booth were checking out the microphones she would use and how loud they were. Other people backstage were writing notes on how she could make her performance better on the night.

Afya sighed and turned to the people, who gave her a thumbs up. She pit the microphone back onto the stand and rubbed her face, trying to rid herself of tiredness. The whole day had been full of interviews (many of them intrusive) along with meetings, travelling to meet more people, hair and makeup. The list just went on.

To say the least, all Afya wanted was to head back to the hotel and get some rest.

But, of course, a certain Jude Bellingham and his crew of fellow footballers would not allow it.

***

"Jesus Christ! You scared me!"

Bukayo shrugged but smiled nonetheless. "I mean, I had to catch you out somehow," he sniggered. "You seem to be on edge."

Afya nodded. "With all this work, anyone would. That's not the point though - what are you doing here?"

"Oh, right."

Bukayo nervously scratched the back of his head. "I, um, wanted to, er, talk about last night. But we don't have to do it here - the boys tried planning something. If you want, we could head back now?"

"Well, I think I'm done for the day," said Afya, smiling. "Let's go - I'll let the team know I'm off later."

***

"And Martinelli volleys the ball beautifully towards Saka, does he take that opportunity? HE DOESSSS! GOAL FOR ARSENAL!"

Jadon, Marcus and Jesse (who had, surprise surprise, decided to pop along) sat dumbfounded on Jude's bed while Jude and Bukayo were busy worshipping their Lord and saviour's triumphant win against Manchester United on FIFA.

Afya had surprised herself, to say the least. Half an hour ago she has no idea what the buttons were for, and now she had thrashed the opposition, one of her goals being heavily assisted by Bukayo himself, two of them she confidently managed, and Jude also managed to bang one in as well.

"Nah, cause this is bare cheating," Jadon insisted. "Afya's first two goals don't count!"

Afya shrugged. "You snooze you lose, sucker," she sniggered, and fistbumped with Jude.

"You know, we make a good team," said Bukayo chuckling.

"We do, don't we?" Afya replied,but then she yawned.

"What's up?" asked Marcus. "You okay?"

The girl nodded. "Just had so much to do and it's a lot of work," she said in response. "I think I might just lay right here."

'Right here' happened to be in Bukayo's lap - which was definitely not an action expected by anyone.

Bukayo widened his eyes and looked down to suddenly see Afya nestle her head in a comfortable position and look back up at him.

"What?" she insisted. "I didn't say I'd fall asleep - Imma just be here for a while."

The boy smiled. "I don't mind," he said softly. "You can fall asleep if you like. I know you're tired."

The girl gave him a tired smile and shook her head. "Whipped," she whispered, before closing her eyes to have some rest.

Bukayo stroked her hair and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, before turning back to see that everyone's attention was fully focused on the pair.

"What? You've never people in love before?"

***

It was now the end of the FIFA tournament, with Bukayo and Jude winning by 25 - 0, much to the annoyance of Marcus, Jesse and Jadon.

It was also very late as well, so the boys were preparing themselves for bed.

Which was then Bukayo realised that Afya was still asleep.

"Shit," he muttered, and tried lightly tapping her to wake her up. "Fifi? Fifi, wake up!"

"Mm, I'm still asleep Kayo," she mumbled. "Don't wanna move."

Bukayo sighed and rolled his eyes before an idea clicked in his brain. "You got your room key?"

"My coat pocket," Afya groaned. "Shut up and let me sleep."

"Jude, bro, bestie, brother, mate-"

Jude already had the key in his hand, and shook his head. "Here," he said, handing it over.

Bukayo grinned in thanks, before picking up Afya bridal style and walking out of the room, with the door already opened by Jude.

***

"Fifi, you know I can't stay!"

"Pleaseeeeee," Afya whined. "You're comfy! And I want cuddlesssss."

"And who said you were entitled to cuddles?"

"Oh whatever, if I'm not get any then just leave and close the door behind yo-"

Bukayo had alresdy climbed inside the bed before Afya could even finish her sentence. Spooning her from behind, he gave her a small kiss just under her ear and smiled against her.

"Sweet dreams darlin'," he whispered, before eventually settling down in sleep.