9

A girl with braids, a face full of makeup, a Dior bag, and quite a short dress for a family dinner, sauntered up to the small gathering.

"Hi, everyone," she announced. "Er, that 6th reservation, Sabrina? Sabrina West. Bukayo's, um, girlfriend. Possibly fiancee, if he plays his cards right, you know what I mean?"

The arrival of this girl had definitely deterred Afya's determination to attend the dinner. I mean, it hadn't even been five minutes and this girl was already doing her head in.

Nike and Yemi were also very, very surprised to see her here, and were not happy.

"Sabrina!" said Nike, raising her eyebrows. "What are you, um, doing here?"

"Mama Neeks!" gushed Sabrina, rushing forward to give the woman an enveloping hug. "Good to see me, innit?"

"Indeed! And good to see you gone," muttered Ophelia under her breath. Luckily, Sabrina could not hear her.

Either way, she wouldn't have cared.

"I came for this fancy dinner thing so I could see my baby BuBu," explained Sabrina. Everybody winced at the sound of this new nickname.

'Bubu?' thought Afya. 'Really?'

The waiter stood there looking confused. "Erm, if you like, I can direct you to your table now?"

"Yes, please," agreed Yemi. "I need to see what food this place has to offer."

The waiter showed them their seats, to which they sat down at. Afya made quick glances towards her mother, mentally screaming in anguish.

Sabrina looked towards Afya. "Who are you?" she asked rudely, pointing a finger.

Afya sighed. "No one," she replied cooly.

"Oh come on, I don't believe that bullshi--BABY OMG THERE YOU ARE!"

Everyone turned their heads, Afya included.

And, like the claims, there he stood. Relaxed in posture but still elegant in appearance. He smiled once he saw the familiar faces.

Ophelia, being the instigator that she naturally was, pulled her daughter up by her arm and pushed her towards him. "Go on!" she hissed.

The young girl was cursed, it seemed, with being equally as clumsy as Bukayo, so she managed to trip over her feet and stumble slightly.

Football training definitely came in handy for quick reflexes, it seemed. He caught her, of course.

"Hey," he said shyly. "What are you doing here?"

"I, um, well you see-"

"Ah ah! You mean, you don't remember her?" asked Nike, shocked. "You don't remember Fia?"

"The way these two got along with each other, eish! It wouldn't surprise me if these two were to end up together," Yemi chuckled.

Afya stabled herself and looked down shyly. What can I say? The floor was really interesting at that moment in time.

Bukayo looked back to the girl. "No way," he whispered. "Afya?"

She looked up again and smiled. "That's me," she whispered back. "Hi Kayo."

Immediately she was engulfed into a large hug, Bukayo pulling her into himself as he wrapped his arms around her. Afya copied his movements, and inhaled his scent.

For a while there was silence, the parents watching lovingly, while Sabrina watched on and scrunched up her face.

After a while, the two obviously pulled away, but still stood near one another.