Chapter 28

A couple more quiet days passed and Loki took Elsa out for dinner again tonight and this is definitely the nicest restaurant they've both been to so far. The atmosphere was very romantic and the food was delicious. It would have been the perfect date but one thing was missing.

Normally, it is Elsa's birthday today but Loki doesn't know it. And since they are not on Asgard, she didn't mention it. Time and dates are a bit different on Midgard.

However, that didn't stop her for having a great time at dinner. They always find things to talk about and he always makes her laugh.

They walked home, holding hands the entire time. Elsa lets out a sign and hugs his arm as they walk.
"I could definitely get used to living here" she says

"Really?" Loki asks

"Yeah. I mean look at us quietly walking back home after a great daye, without having to worry about anything or anyone..." she answers

"This is our life from now on so get used to it" he states and kisses her head

"I love you" she says and looks up at him

"I love you" he replies and kisses her lips this time.

When they got home, Elsa went upstairs to their bedroom to change and Loki said he'll stay downstairs for a bit. But actually, he came in the room only a few seconds after Elsa.

"I thought you said you were going to stay downstairs" she says as he enters

"Am I bothering you?" he jokes as he folds his arms

"Not at all" she replies as she puts her fingers on the zipper of her dress.

"Wait" Loki says to stop her from unzipping it

"What is it?" she asks

"You look amazing in that dress" he replies as he takes another good look at her. She was wearing a purple short dress and silver sandals.

"Thank you. Do you want to take it off of me?" she suggests as she approaches him

"You know I do" he replies with a smirk.

"Then why are you still standing there? Why haven't you made a move yet?" she asks folding her arms

"I want to watch you" he says but doesn't convince her.

She grabs a pen from her nightstand and throws it at him. The pen goes right through his torso.
"Loki!" she yells

"Alright, you caught me. Can you come here for a second?" he shouts.

"You better have a good excuse on why you sent me an illusion" she says as she walks downstairs. All the way down, she is looking at the steps because she is still wearing her heels and doesn't want to fall.

As soon as she lifts her head, she notices Loki standing in front of the kitchen island with two glasses of champagne in his hands.

"I'm sorry, I just needed to stall you because the night is not over yet" he explains as he offers her one of the glasses.
"Happy birthday, my love" he says

"You knew?" she asks with almost tears in her eyes

"Of course I knew. I was just waiting to see if you'd bring it up" he answers

"I didn't want to seem like I was seeking for attention" she admits

"You already have all my attention, darling. And you can be as selfish as you want on your birthday" he states
"And there could be a birthday without a cake..." he adds and takes a step to the side.