Chapter 2

By the end of the betrothal ceremony, Elsa was exhausted. She had just spent hour standing on her heels, making sure that her straight posture didn't change even though her back and feet were killing her. But she believes that she should get used it.

Thor took her by the hand and walked to her room. She'll be staying in her own room until the wedding in order to make this big change in her life a little smoother for her, which she really appreciates.

On the way there, the prince showed her his room and the king's chamber so she could slowly get to know the place. However, the place is huge and all the doors and hallways seem very similar.

"We are here" Thor says as he opens the door of her room

"Thank you, your highness" she says as she looks back at him

"Just Thor, please" he says and she agrees
"I've been told that everything is ready and your personal maid will be here in the morning. Now, I shall let you rest and I will see you tomorrow. If you need anything, I showed you where to find me" he explains

"Alright" she replies.

"I would also like to tell you that you looked incredible tonight and thank you for accepting our invitation" he says and kisses her cheek
"Goodnight, Elsa" he says

"Goodnight" she replies with a smile on her face.

She waits for Thor to walk away and then she gets in her room. She closes the doors behind her and, immediately, gets off her heels. She also undoes her dress and lets it fall on the floor.

She walks to the bathroom in her undergarments and turns the water on. She lets the bathtub fill with warm water until she completely undresses herself.

Once the tub was full, she gets in without bothering to take her hair off the braids. She does it while in the water and then rests her head back.

She soak there, enjoying the warmth and the quiet until the water went cold. Then she washed herself, put on her pyjamas and went to bed. While on her bed, she started braiding her wet hair so they'd come out wavy the next day.

That's when she started taking a closer look of her new room. The ceiling was very high and decorated with beautiful drawings and symbols that represented periods of Asgard's history.

Her bed was in the middle of the room, with the headboard attached to the wall, right across from the door. By the sides of the bed were two huge windows that looked down at the garden and also part of Asgard.

The entire wall on her left was a closet filled with all her clothes, shoes and things she had brought with her from home. On her right was the door to her private bathroom and next to it a desk with letter papers, pens, seal wax and also three books on the side.

She stands up from the bed as soon as she finishes with her hair, and walks to the desk. She takes the books in her arms and returns to her bed.

She spend some time, going through their old pages and reading the synopsis of each one. All three seemed pretty interesting to her and she was sure that she was going to read them when she had more time.

_____________________

The following morning, a knock on the door pulled her from her sleep. She sits up straight on the bed and rubs her eyes.

"Come in" she says and a lady walks in.

"Good morning, Lady Elsa. I'm Kara, I will be your lady from now on and I'm here for whatever you need" she says

"Oh yes, Thor informed me" Elsa replies

"I was told by the queen to wake up, help you get ready and take you for breakfast" she says