Chapter 17

Elsa heard a fight from the other side of the door. However, it wasn't Loki or Thor. So she hid the sword cases under her bed again and kept her sword in her hand under the blanket she had on.

Someone unlocks her door from outside and there is only one person who has a key other than Elsa herself.

"Hello..." Elsa says pretending like she just woke up

"Hello ma'am" Kara replies like nothing happened as she shuts the door behind her

"I think I'm gonna stay in bed today, I'll call you later if I need anything" Elsa lies in her attempt to get her out of the room

"Ok, let's drop the act" Kara says and locks the room's door so no one else could come inside

"What are you talking about?" Elsa asks trying to buy time.

But Kara doesn't take the bait. She walks closer to Elsa and pulls a blooded knife out of her pocket.

"Kara, please, you don't have to do this" Elsa reminds her as she tightens her grip on her sword

"You were unfaithful" Kara says

"We were both unfaithful, but we talked it through and we agreed on not getting married" Elsa replies

"You're lying!" Kara yells

"I'm not. I promise you. Thor is available again" Elsa lies again

"No! You betrayed him" she insist.

Elsa finally takes her sword out and hits Kara's knife, causing her to drop it. She gets off the bed on the opposite side from where Kara is and tries to ignore her backache.

"Guards!" she yells

"There is no one to help you" Kara says and takes out Thor's missing sword

"Then I guess it's a fair 1vs1" Elsa replies.

Kara's rage is driving her moves in which she uses all her force. Elsa is once again defending herself against her opponent. But that's until she finds an opening and takes advantage of it in order to get on top of the fight.

Elsa finally gains some ground and has Kara pinned on the wall with her sword on her neck. That's when she decides to take that as an opportunity for a breath and rest because her back is killing her.

"I should have just cut your head off!" Kara says but Elsa kicks her in the stomach causing her to fall on the floor.

Elsa walks to the door and unlocks it. She leaves the room and tries to find help. But her back is hurting even more now and she can barely walk.

Kara catches up to her and holds a blade on Elsa's neck from behind. Elsa hits Kara's face with the back of her head before she could cut her.

But as soon as she gets back, Kara punches Elsa's face, creating a cut on her cheek. Elsa couldn't straighten her back anymore, let alone fight.

She leans against a column and looks at Kara
"You're not going to win" she says

"I am, but you won't be here to see it" Kara replies.

"I have two Gods by my side. Killing me will just make it worse for you" Elsa stalls again

"Really? And where are they now?" she asks

"Right here" Loki says as he and Thor run to them.

Thor grabs Kara and Loki rushes to Elsa. He hugs her and she literally collapses on him. She couldn't stand on her feet anymore.

"I'm sorry, I was looking for help..." she says trying to justify the reason she came out of the room

"It's ok. You did it. It's over now" he rubs the back of her head.

"I can't... I don't think I can walk" she almost cries from the pain

"It's alright. I got you. I got you... Sh, sh, sh... Please don't cry, darling. Everything will be fine" he reassures her.

He slides his hand down and picks her up, bridal style. Elsa groans in pain for a second
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he apologizes and kisses her head softly. It hurt him to see her in so much pain.

"I'm going to get her in bed" Loki says as he walks

"Go, we got it here" Thor replies.

Loki opens the doors to Elsa's room with his magic so he won't move her by accident and upset her. However, as soon as he started to let her down, she was in horrible pain again.

"I'm sorry, Elsa. I'm so sorry" he apologizes again. He tries to put pillows under her, in his attempt to make her more comfortable but nothing is really working and Elsa is getting frustrated.

"Stop it. It's not working!" she groans and pushes him away. There are tears in her eyes but she closes them.

Loki feels guilty for being unable to help her and he can't stand to see her like this. He shakes his head and lays down with her. He pulls her in his arms carefully and she lets him.

Their faces now only an inch away, and even though Elsa's eyes were closed, Loki pays attention to every tiny expression of hers. She tries to swallow a sob that was coming up, but her lips twitched. Loki caught that and let out a desperate breath. Tears started forming in his eyes as well.

Someone opens the door but Elsa doesn't care to open her eyes. Loki turns his head to look. It's Thor and Frigga. Loki shakes his head.

Frigga signs to him to use his magic. Loki refuses and shakes his head again. He doesn't want to risk making it worse. Frigga nods smiling, giving him courage.

"Elsa, do you trust me?" he asks as he rubs her cheek.

She nods and tries not to cry
"Just take this pain away, even for a second" she sobs.

Loki lifts his fingers and, at first, hesitates to put them on her head.

"You got this" Frigga whispers.

He takes a small breath and places them on the sides of her head. A small wave of green magic leaves his fingers and disolves in her skin.

A warmth runs through her entire body and comforts her. The cut on her cheek heals and, in a few seconds, Loki feels her body relax against his. He knows that she is now asleep.

He smiles and hugs her. Frigga walks to his side and puts her hand on Elsa's forehead. She checks and smiles.
"See? You did great" she says and kisses his head.
"Now, when she wakes up, she's probably still going to be in pain but it's going to be a lot more manageable than this. She just needs rest, alright?" she warns him

"Yes. Thank you, mother" he says

"You're welcome, my boy" she replies and kisses his head.