Chapter 1

The day is here. The entire palace has been preparing for this day. Today, Allfather Odin's first born son and future king of Asgard is getting betrothed.

Both Odin and his son, Thor, agreed on the arrangement about 100 years ago and they were waiting for his soon-to-be wife to do reach adulthood.

Thor was looking forward to this day, because he knew that the engagement and the wedding were a few more step closer to the throne for him. He wasn't anxious or having second thoughts about it.

However, that didn't apply to the lady. Elsa had only met the prince and his parents, the king and the queen, once in her life, the evening the arrangement was made. She didn't know anything about him or the royal life.

The closest to the palace she had ever gotten would be because her father was a royal guard. That's actually why the king suggested her as a wife for his son and Elsa's father didn't hesitate to agree. He believed that way, his daughter would have a good life.

But from that day, Elsa's life changed. She was forced to drop her studies and hobbies, and learn how to be a royal. How to act, how to move, how to talk and, most importantly, how to take care of her future husband. At the end, she had completely lost her own self.

And today is the day everyone has been preparing her for. This evening is the betrothal ceremony, which also means that she will move in the palace permanently. Her things had already been moved there by people sent from the king and everything was ready for her.

She didn't know what she would face once there, but she knew that this was her duty. She couldn't argue or be mad about it. She will be the future king's wife soon and her duty is to support him and carry his descendants.

What comforted her was her parents story. They, too, were the result of an arranged marriage but they fell in love rather quickly and are still very much in love even after 2000 years together. Maybe it will be the same for her once she gets to know her husband.

Unfortunately, the rumours cycling the prince's behaviour were worrying her. He was a known to be overly confident and a playboy. On the periods that he is at home and away from battles, he spends his time drinking with his friends or with women.

Those rumours are the reason Odin wanted to for his son to get married before he made him king. He believed that by settling down, the rumours would stop and people would respect their future king again by the time of his coronation.

Elsa knew that the coronation wouldn't take place long after the wedding so she wouldn't have much time to adjust to her new life and environment. But the people around her reassured her that she knows everything there is to know about being the king's wife and as soon as she stood by his side, everything would go smoothly.

Although, that wasn't the case today. Since this morning everything was going far from smoothly. Elsa had slept in and her mother had to wake her up, later than expected. Everyone was running around the house to get her and themselves ready for the ceremony.

Elsa's long brown hair were carefully washed and styled by professionals into two braids that went around her head and a hair accessory of small white flowers was placed along the braids.

Her skin was cleaned, rubbed, moisturized and scented with the best of perfumes and oils. Her make up was simple and natural. A few drops of coloured creme to hide any imperfections on her soft skin and colour to her cheeks and lips.

Her outfit included an off-the-shoulder A-line prom dress. Small flours were covering the fabric on her torso, that blended with the skirt, and a veil in the same colour as the dress was dropped from her sleeves. It's colour was red, to match with her future husband's colours.