Chapter 7

After their encounter in the library, Loki and Elsa kept avoiding each other at all costs and they weren't even trying to hide it.

Like the other day, Elsa was walking down a hallway and at some point Loki turned from a corner. As soon as he saw her, he rolled his eyes and turned back.
"Mature. Real mature" Elsa said and kept walking her way.

The times when they were forced to stay in the same room, like dinners, etc, Loki would ignore her or give her harsh looks and words. And the fact that their seats on the table were right across from each other didn't help. At least, Elsa wasn't making it so obvious when people were around, unlike him.

The positive side of this, is that her and Thor started spending more time together, getting to know each other. He's really nice, sweet and respectful. However, he doesn't give her the feeling and heart flutter Loki does. But it doesn't really matter anymore, because they are getting married in a month.

Today, Elsa had one more fitting for her wedding dress and, later, had a discussion about the decorations. She spend most of her day with the queen, arranging all those details, which she enjoyed very much.

By the time they were done, it was dinner time so they joined the men in the dining room.

As soon as they walked in, Loki gave Elsa a glare and then took a sip of his wine. But Elsa felt his eyes on her, more than once throughout the dinner.

"How are the preparations going, dear?" the king asks

"Very well" Elsa answers

"Odin, you should see how gorgeous she looks in her dress" the queen adds

"Thank you" Elsa laughs shyly.

"Did the princess talk for herself or just agreed to everything you said, mother?" Loki asks with that stupid smirk across his face, taking everyone's attention

"Loki!" the queen says immediately

"I didn't say anything bad. I just know that she's usually shy" he replies.

"I think I should go back to my room now" Elsa says as she stands up

"But you didn't eat anything, dear" the queen says

"Don't worry mother, she's used to that anyway. Aren't you Elsa?" Loki asks, looking at her harshly.

"Loki!" Thor says this time

"It's alright. I'm a little tired from the day, but if I need anything, I'll ask Kara" she reassures them

"Alright. Have a good night" Thor says

"Good night" she says and they kiss quickly before she exits.

All that conversation felt like Loki was throwing knives at her. But what she didn't see was how he clenched his fist when she kissed his brother. He is angry at her but he is still jealous. So he's using insults to make himself feel better.

Later that same afternoon, Elsa headed to the library before going to sleep. Unfortunately, there was company there.

"Look who decided to get out of her room. The princess" Loki says

"Stop" Elsa says, rolling her eyes

"Oh right. I forgot, you prefer to be called future queen of Asgard, right?" he asks.

"Are you jealous?" she asks, confidently

"Not at all" he answers

"Hm..." she whispers

"What?" he asks

"I thought that as a trickster, you'd be a better liar" she explains.

He chuckles and walks to her. But he gets closer than she expected, making her feel intimidated again.
"Careful shortcake. You shouldn't start a game, you won't be able to finish" he warns her.