Part One

“Ngh.. Ow.. What the..” 

Izuku’s vision came back slowly, he had gotten knocked out moments before,, but he didn't know how.. He was still in the forest from earlier.. But.. He looked around, spotting a tall figure in front of him. It was the same as the one he saw before passing out. “W-Wha-” He was interrupted, “Finally, you’re awake.” The figure came out of the shadow of the tree, as the sun was now in the sky once again. It was a boy, a tall one at that. He had tattoos all over him, mainly on his right side. His blonde hair was spiky, and his eyes were red and narrow. He had no shirt, only pants, shoes, and a big cape. Izuku was mesmerized. He didn’t know who this boy was, but he wanted to find out. “W-Who are you?” He spoke, his arms restrained behind his back. He tried to break them free, but it was no use. “Stop struggling, here I’ll help you out.” The boy walked towards Izuku, who was nervous. He simply untied the ropes and walked back to the fire he was cooking fish on. Izuku raised an eyebrow, confused. “Why are you letting me free so easily?..” He rubbed his slightly red wrists, standing up. “I tied you up cause I thought you were a threat, but just looking at you, I can tell you couldn’t even catch a fish.” Izuku couldn’t figure out if he should be worried he got knocked out and tied up or offended and thankful the boy didn’t eat him. “Who are you?..” Izuku said, slowly approaching the blonde. “Sit.” He said, handing Izuku a cooked fish. “Th-Thank you?” Izuku sat like he was told, and dug into the fish.

“You’re all skin and bones, when’s the last time you’ve eaten??” Izuku swallows his mouthful, wiping his face. “I think two days ago? I’ve kept myself moving by filling up with any water I find or berries I find in the forest. That usually doesn’t end well though, one time I had hives for a week-” The boy stared at him, “Who would do that, that’s dumb. Everyone knows you can’t trust the forest berries.”  Izuku chuckled, embarrassed. They finished their food and the boy put out the fire and grabbed his things, Izuku following him. “Where are we going?” The boy stopped, turning to him with a face that said, the fuck? “We? ‘We’ are not going anywhere. I’m going this way, and you’re going hopefully the opposite. You’re stuff’s over there. Now go.” Izuku turns and gathers his things, running back to the boy. “W-What you’re just leaving? You have got to be the worst kidnapper in the world, no offence.” The boy stops, turning to him. “I’m not a kidnapper, you wandered into my camp, and I took precautions. I fed you, I let you sleep. You’ll be fine.”  His voice was quiet but stern as he towered over Izuku. “B-But.. Where are you even going?” The boy kept walking, “Hey! Please you can’t leave me alone! You already know I can’t defend myself, but you can! I’ve been alone so much for so long, please don’t just leave-” The boy turned around again, Izuku bumping into him. He leaned down, eye-to-eye with Izuku. “Why? What’s in it for me. I avoid people, why would I bring someone with me. Huh?”

Izuku gulped, his cheeks getting flushed. "W-Well what do you want? Anything just- I need help getting to Solar Peek, that’s it. After that you can go about your life, a-and go wherever you want.” The boy raised an eyebrow, “Solar Peek? You’ve been going the wrong way then.” He pointed past Izuku, who kept eye contact. “That way’s north. Solar Peek, is north.” He smirked, “You really are helpless, aren’t you. Fine. I’ll help you. I heard Solar Peek has animals, and I’ve been craving deer.” Izuku’s eyes lit up, “R-REALLY?? THANK YOU!” He jumped up and down and gave the boy a hug. It was quiet for a moment before he scrambled off the blonde in embarrassment. He cleared his throat, “S-So what’s your name?” He said as the boy began walking north. “Katsuki.” He mumbled. “Katsuki.. Sounds like ‘Kacchan’!..” Katsuki scoffed, “Don’t ever call me that again.” Izuku giggled. “My name’s Izuku!” Katsuki continued walking, “Izuku.. That’s spelled the same as Deku, right?” Izuku chuckled, “Yeah..”

xxx   

  It had been almost four weeks since they began their journey, and I’m glad to announce that neither of them were dead. Izuku had grown some meat on his bones, along with some muscle. Katsuki taught Izuku how to defend himself and took care of the hunting and cooking. Izuku usually took care of the fire wood, to help gain some workout. The two weren’t “besties” per say, but were close. Izuku learned that Katsuki was the son of some powerful people, but he fled their village as a sign of rebellion against his cruel mother. Izuku opened up about his mother’s death, telling the tragic tale that was his childhood. Katsuki would never admit to it, but he cared about the shortie. Izuku didn’t have the guts to admit it, but he felt safe with Katsuki, in a way he hasn’t felt in a long time.

Katsuki didn’t like people, they were annoying. But he didn’t like being alone. Having Izuku there, even with how awful Katsuki was, it made him feel.. Something. The two were sitting in front of the fire, the moonlight highlighting their features. They were feasting on rabbit, which tasted better than it looked. “Hey.. Thank you for everything. Really, I wouldn’t have made it this far without your help.” Katsuki took a chunk out of his serving, Izuku giggled at him. He stared at the fire for a moment, thinking. “Hey.. You never told me what you wanted. Y'know, in return for helping me.. It hasn’t been a walk in the park, and I know I’ve only made the experience worse.. You told me you wanted deer, but is that actually all you want?..” Katsuki licked his fingers clean, staying silent. “Why do you want to go to this mountain so bad?” He said, staring at the fire. Izuku looked at him, it was silent for a second before Izuku took a deep breath. He turned back to the fire. Katsuki looked at him, a small smile stretched across Izuku’s face. "I'm craving jerky.."