He's vastly downplaying it and Nezu can tell, that is, if the amusement palpable in his strange smile has anything to do with it.

"Well, I've kept you from lunch for long enough." Nezu hops off his chair and Sasuke follows him to the door of his office.

"I hope to see you at the next meeting to discuss possible ways to return you to your dimension."

Sasuke nods. As long as people use the last meeting as a reminder for what not to do, everything should go fine.

"Of course, should anyone attending one of these meetings make you uncomfortable, it will be dealt with accordingly." Nezu says cheerfully.

"Your concern is noted but wholly unnecessary, Principal." Sasuke replies easily.

"If you insist. I would hate for things to get messy."

"As would I."

Nezu opens the door to his office and Sasuke steps out. "September 3rd, 5pm."

"I'll see you then, Principal." Sasuke bows his head in polite recognition before he turns and leaves, his footsteps soundless against the tile.

~~~

"Ah, Uchiha, come in." Hound Dog opens the door when Sasuke knocks. "Mic and Eraser should be here shortly."

Sasuke steps into the room and sits down on one of the 3 available chairs.

"How are you doing today?" Hound Dog asks conversationally.

"Fine." A short silence. "And you?"

Hound Dog's lips twitch upwards. "I'm good. Lots of work to do to get ready for the new semester. How are you finding the dorms?"

Sasuke knows that Hound Dog's function in the school is similar to that of a therapist, so he carefully picks his words.

"Nice. Quite large, though given the rest of the buildings in this school that's hardly a surprise."

Hound Dog laughs. "Yes, 'plus ultra' and all that."

There's a knock on the door and Hound Dog opens it to let Yamada and Aizawa in.

"Inui! Good to see you again." Yamada beams and gives Hound Dog a firm handshake.

Aizawa doesn't say anything and instead sits down. Yamada follows suit with a fond sigh.

"So, let's get right to business, shall we?" Hound Dog pulls out a notebook. "Since you have, technically, taken the entrance exam before and passed, there isn't an issue with letting you rejoin the class. The only potential problem would be that you lack the experience that the rest of your classmates would've gotten through the internship that was completed earlier this year."

Sasuke almost laughs. Him? Lacking experience?

"Experience isn't a problem." He says vaguely.

Hound Dog raises an eyebrow. "Are you willing to elaborate?"

Sasuke is familiar enough with the concept of 'child soldiers' that he knows every adult in a nearby vicinity will see him as one as soon as he explains why they really ought not to be worried about whether or not he's behind his soon-to-be classmates experience-wise.

If he doesn't explain further, then there's a high chance he won't be able to get a provisional license. Not that he really cares. There's not really much they could do to stop him short of attempting to kill him and even then he doubts they'd manage.

Explaining might be a solution to getting them to treat him less like a kid but it could also have the opposite effect.

Either way, it doesn't really matter to him. He's not as upset about lost childhood memories as he probably should be. Not because of that anyway.