Chapter 21

Me, writing this story: I should keep my headcanons to myself and stick to canon as much as possi-
Also me: Present Mic is deaf and uses he/they pronouns.
Me: O...kay then

*For this chapter's outtakes, check my AO3

He and Eri are put with Present Mic, for the time being, since Aizawa will be away on a training camp for the first week of July.

When Sasuke met Present Mic for the first time, he thought the man reminded him of Naruto, a little bit. Loud, boisterous, blonde, to name a few traits they shared. Present Mic has obviously gone to great lengths to grow into his loud persona, just like Naruto did.

"You can put your stuff in the room two doors down that hallway." Present Mic points to a hallway just off the kitchen. "Then we can all reconvene here to discuss some house rules, your schooling, etc.."

Present Mic, like Naruto, is a lot calmer when there aren't as many people around. Sasuke doesn't want to project Naruto's past onto Present Mic, but he thinks that there are probably more similarities there as well.

Sasuke follows where Present Mic was pointing, noting exits, possible weapons, and break-in points as he goes. Eri seems to be doing something similar, but for hiding places.

There are cat toys in various corners of rooms, and other cat care-related items.

"Do you have a cat, Present Mic-san?" The answer is yes, obviously, but he asks anyway.

"I do! Two of them, actually. But they like to be outside more than inside so you probably won't see much of them for a while."

The room they're put in is a decent size, a little cramped for two people, but it'll do. Sasuke doesn't really intend to spend a whole lot of time in the room in the first place, since he'll be putting more effort into finding All for One and, well, putting it mildly, beating the shit out of him for causing so many problems.

He sets the bags down and waits for Eri to enter the room.

"Is this where we'll live, now?" She asks quietly. A lot of her nervousness around Sasuke in particular has disappeared since he asked to see her Quirk on the apple. It's probably because she knows what her purpose is, in his eyes, so she has no need to be so afraid of him anymore.

It's a bit of a skewed mindset, but one similar to Sasuke's so he can't really criticize it.

"For now, yes."

He lets her look around a bit more, lets her examine the room carefully. He does the same, but he'll do a more thorough job with the help of Sana, who's currently hidden under the bed.

He'll have to bring him up to Present Mic at some point, but he figures it'll get out on it's own if he doesn't actively try to hide it.

Sasuke and Eri return to the kitchen where Present Mic is making a few sandwiches.

"Hungry?" He asks.

Sasuke isn't hungry, but Eri is. She looks to Sasuke for confirmation and he nods his head slightly.

She would probably let Sana test the food, if Sana were in the room with them, but as it stands, she'll just have to hope that Present Mic hasn't poisoned the food.

"No, thank you." Sasuke declines.

"Alright, more for us!" Present Mic says, unfazed.

Present Mic doesn't sit at the island with them, he instead stands across from them.

"So, I don't really know what the rules were for you guys anywhere else you've lived, but why don't we establish some new ones so everyone is comfy?" He says it like it's a suggestion but it really isn't.