No. 6|| 𝐌𝐤 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰!

Mk stood frozen in shock for a moment before frantically looking around for Red Son. "W-Wait! What did I even do?!" After a few more seconds of "searching" for Red Son, Mk huffed and flopped down on a nearby bench. "So much for a new friend," Mk mumbled to himself. You obviously weren't open for visits right now, so what were they supposed to do?! He inhaled, trying to calm himself. "Alright Mk, think! What does Mei do to say sorry whenever she upsets you?" They closed their eyes tightly and put on the hardest thinking face they could muster up.

"Mk~ Let me in, I have something for you!" Mei sang from the other side of the door. "Go away." Mk mumbled. There was a moment of silence before he heard Mei sigh from the other side of the door. "I understand if you don't want to talk to me right now Mk, so I'll just leave it here. It's ok if you don't want it, though."  Mei put her gift on the floor in front of Mk's bedroom. She lingered for a moment before walking away. Once Mk was sure she was gone, they stood up from their bed and made their way to the door. He hesitated a moment before opening it. There, slumped over on the floor, was a life sized plushie of the monkey king.

Mk's eyes snapped open at the memory. "That's it! You get them a meaningful gift to say sorry!" Mk wasted no time dashing to the nearest store, oblivious to the odd stares people at the park were giving him. By the time Mk made it to the shops, however, he had realized, "I don't even know Y/N that well." Mk hunched over in defeat. He'd only spoken to you twice; he barely knew you! I mean, he probably shouldn't feel as bad as he does about the whole situation. But even so, they couldn't help themselves.

You literally saved their life, and what have they done in return? Nothing. "Well maybe it's time I do something." Mk said as he straightened his back and looked at the shops with a newfound determination. That still didn't change the fact that he didn't even know what Y/N liked. Or where they lived. Mk smirked to himself. He knew who did, though. Mk's smirk faltered. It was going to be tough.

Mk made his way to the castle like entrance to the Demon Bull family's home, which probably looked even more extravagant on the inside. As he got closer to the huge red doors, he stiffened. What if Red Son wasn't the one to open the door? He gulped. Well, he didn't have much to lose... except for maybe his life. They shook their head and knocked on the door. After a few seconds, Mk saw the knob being turned. By this point they were sweating buckets. They crossed their fingers and closed their eyes tightly. "Please don't be DBK, please don't be DBK, please don't be DBK, please don't be DBK-" 

"What do you want peasant?" A familiar voice snapped. Mk's eyes popped open, and he grinned sheepishly. "Oh, hey Redson! Fancy seeing you here," Mk said, trying to act cool. "You know this is my house, noodle boy. Now tell me what you want before I burn you to the ground." He growled. "Alright, alright you got me. Listen, I know we both feel bad about Y/n, so I was thinking that...well I don't know, maybe we could both go apologize to them?" Mk said quickly, fearing Redson's response. "Apologize? Why would I apologize, I haven't done anything." He said calmly.

Mk's head perked up. "B-But you were the one who punched me because-" Redson let out a scream of frustration, interrupting Mk. "Fine! Whatever I'll go and give them a STUPID apology!!" And he slammed the door. Mk just stared dumbfounded. "...ok?" They mumbled. A few moments later Redson opened up the door again. He was wearing his usual attire and his usual ponytail whereas before he was wearing a silky robe with his hair down. "So then, what did you have in mind, noodle boy?" Mk grinned. 

"Well...I was thinking that we get them a gift! From both of us--a meaningful one to show them we mean it." Mk said. Redson only nodded. He liked the idea but would never admit it. "I know a few good places. I'll pay, since I know you don't have any money." Redson dead panned as he began walking forward. Mk followed him happily. "You're such a good friend Redson," Mk said as he leaned his head on Redson's shoulder. Redson pushed him off with an angry, "Get off me peasant!!"