No. 4|| 𝐍𝐞𝐮𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

You could feel Red son's burning fist next to your face. But it never made contact. Slowly, you opened your eyes and turned to face Red son. He was giving you an intense stare. And then he dropped you. You fell to the ground with a loud thud. Red son continued to stare at you as you took a moment to compose yourself.

You both made eye contact for a moment. Your teary eyes staring into his. He huffed and began to walk away. "H-Hey! You can't just-" Red son glared at you, "Would you rather I did burn you to a crisp?" he seethed. You paused for a moment before responding. "I would rather you explain yourself than just give me a heart attack and walk away," you said loudly despite the situation you were in.

Red son opened his mouth to make a snarky comeback, but nothing came out. He closed his mouth for a moment before speaking. "I've gotten what I wanted. I won't waste my energy on a lowly peasant such as yourself." he turned around and began walking away again before speaking. "Just know that we are on neutral grounds." And with that and a tornado of fire, he was gone.

You sat on the ground for a moment processing what had just happened. Neutral grounds? Your hands slowly balled up into fists. Neutral grounds??? What did that even mean? You decided to let it go, wanting to forget what had just happened. You had been in plenty of fights with plenty of demons, so hopefully you wouldn't find yourself in a traumatized state after this.

You stood up and dusted yourself off before walking off to grab your skateboard. "I need a break," you huffed. Red son watched you walk away from behind a distant pillar. He had let you. He spared you. What would his parents think of this?! In any other situation, he would've decimated someone, but for some reason this time was different.

Red son put his hand on his chest. Was he getting soft?? He tensed at the thought. Maybe he just wasn't in the mood for taking lives today? But, then when would he be in the mood to take lives again? Red son shook his head aggressively. This was your fault. You and your stupid tear-filled eyes that he couldn't get out of his head.

Maybe he needed to take a break. A breath of fresh air. Maybe the park? He huffed and pushed himself off of the pillar he was leaning on. Yeah, the park sounded good.