No. 3|| 𝐒𝐨 𝐖𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧!

You furrowed your eyebrows as you watched the news. Of course, the police closed the case excusing it as temperature problems. You turned off the T.V and stood up so you could stretch your legs. You never stayed inside of your house for too long, you knew you'd end up getting all sad. You really didn't need to do anything today, though. Maybe you'd just take a stroll and hope nothing else got set on fire.

You grabbed your key and slipped on your shoes. It was going to be a little warmer today, so you figured you didn't need your coat. You unlocked your door, slipped outside, and grabbed your skateboard. "Where should I go today?" You mumbled to yourself. "Hmm..." you pulled out your phone and opened your 'Maps' app. "I'm feeling a little dangerous today," you mumbled to yourself.

"Maybe I'll go to that abandoned construction site I used to pass by on my way to work!" you snapped your fingers. You probably wouldn't do much there, maybe a few skateboard tricks. You plopped your skateboard down onto the ground and took off. If you remembered correctly, it shouldn't be too far from your house. You placed your hands In your pockets as you skated along the sidewalk.

It was quite chilly, after all. "Let's see, take a left-right here..." you mumbled. Upon turning the corner, you were met with the construction site you used to walk by every day. You hopped off of your skateboard before you noticed the caution tape around a big chunk of metal. At least, that's what you thought it was. You walked towards the mysterious object. Upon closer inspection, it was simply an elevator. 

Huh. How amusing. You looked on the side of it and saw a button with the words, "DO NOT ENTER" on it. You shrugged it off figuring it was just vandalization from stupid kids. You pressed the button and watched as the elevator flickered. Eventually, the doors to the elevator slid open and you stepped inside. You hopped this place had substitutes for ramps.

The elevator squeaked and screeched before it finally began to move down. Painfully slow. You started counting the seconds. One...two...three. By the time you made it to the bottom, you had reached 125. You stepped out of the elevator and plopped your skateboard on the ground. The place definitely reminded you of your childhood home. You snorted at that.

You hopped on your skateboard and began to skate around the place, slowly since the ground was pretty cracked. Eventually, you found some stairs. They didn't lead anywhere, but it didn't matter. You hopped off your skateboard and made your way to the top of the stairs. You decided to do a few kickflips off the railing.

You switched it up a bit with some simple ollies and a few heelflips, all in all, it was pretty fun. Just when you were about to do another kickflip you heard some banging. You froze in your spot, listening for anything else. The banging continued. Slowly, you got off of your skateboard and began walking towards the source of all the noise. The banging was still happening. 

As you got closer to the noise, your mouth opened wide. It was magnificent, almost like a castle. Why would this be here? You thought. As far as you knew, this wasn't a mining site, so either people were living in here, or this was some kind of government property. The banging continued and this time it was even louder. It was coming from a door to the left. Just as you began to step towards the door, the banging stopped. 

You stopped with it. You slowed your breathing in an attempt at trying to be quieter. Maybe I shouldn't investigate. You pondered. That's how people in horror movies die anyway. You began to back away from the door. Just as you turned around to leave the door swung open and you froze. "Who are you and what are you doing in my house?!" The stranger demanded.

Their voice sounded familiar, but you were too scared to think further into it. You sat frozen instead of responding to the stranger. "Hey! I'm talking to you!" They walked up and grabbed your shoulder, spinning you around to face them.  There, in front of your face was the fire demon you'd met just two days prior. He seemed just as shocked as you and let go of your shoulder. "Listen-I didn't know this was your house man, so uh, I'll just leave." you sputtered.

He scoffed, "You think you can just enter my home, sneak around and leave without punishment?" you looked around nervously. "Um, yeah?" sometimes you wished that you'd stayed in that gang, because ever since you left you had become a lot more easily intimidated. Red son growled and engulfed himself in flames, appearing right in front of you. You yelped and jumped back to create some space between you. You weren't expecting him to get so riled up so quickly. "You incompetent peasant!"

You stood frozen in fear. Despite his high-pitched voice and childish behavior, Red Son could be quite scary. "First, you humiliate me in front of the town and my arch-nemesis, and now you decide you wanna act all scared?!" he slowly walked up to you as flames began to spark up from his hair. "Where was this fear when I set that building on fire?!" his flames were starting to grow more and more. You still couldn't find yourself able to move, no matter how hard you tried. Red Son grabbed you by the collar and raised his fist, which was engulfed in flames.

For a moment it seemed like time had stopped and it was just you and him. Is this what people felt before they died? Your heart was beating at an unhealthy rate, but that was the least of your worries. You turned your head and squeezed your eyes shut. You would die a lonely life. A life where no one excepted you because of things you did in the past. 

A life that ended because you wanted to do something good. A few tears streamed down your face as you braced for impact. You had lived a life full of regrets. And now, you'd never get to fix your mistakes.