No. 1 || 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗔𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻?

(I will be switching Mk's pronouns throughout the story, so sometimes it'll say something like "He did this," but other times it'll say "They did that.")

"That'll be $4.99." you slapped a $5 bill in the cashier's hand before grabbing your bag and walking out of the store. You were not In the mood for chit-chat today. You needed to get home quickly. You glanced down at the watch on your arm. You furrowed your eyebrows and began walking quicker. You knew you should've bought your skateboard.

 You could see women clenching their purses and children staring at you in awe. Here in this little city, you were feared. Not only was your appearance intimidating, but a long time ago, you used to be part of the strongest gang in the city. The gang had dispersed a while ago, and you were hoping people would just forget about them. And you. But, as tall as you were, you were a little hard to forget.

You groaned loudly as you came upon a large crowd of people. They all seemed to be staring in awe, or fear, of something up ahead. You lifted your head slightly to see what all of the commotion was about. There, just a few miles ahead of you, stood a boy with red hair resembling a flame. He was holding a boy by their neck. They had spikey hair and a bandana on with a jacket. And he was choking. You gasped and pushed your way through the crowd.

"Noodle boy! For too long, you have spoiled my plans! Now," the boy tightened his grip, "I'll return the favor!" before anything could escalate further, you pushed yourself out of the crowd and punched the boy with red hair in the face.

'Noodle boy' fell onto the ground and the guy with red hair stumbled back.  He immediately looked up at you. "Who are you?!" he demanded. You stepped in front of 'noodle boy' and took a fighting stance, "Leave him alone." the guy with red hair gasped as if he was offended. "Do you know who I am?!" you didn't answer him. "I am Red Son!! I will destroy you and the other peasant!" you scoffed. "Peasant? What is it, 1893?"

Red Son, growled in frustration and was engulfed in flames. You definitely weren't expecting that, but demons weren't uncommon. You cracked your neck and readied yourself to punch. But, when the flames subsided Red Son was nowhere to be found. You glared at the remaining flames before turning around to 'noodle boy'. "Are you ok?" you kneeled down so that he wouldn't have to break his neck looking up at you.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," he scratched the back of his head. They stood up and dusted off their clothes. "Thanks for helping me, I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't shown up!" he chuckled. "It's no problem," you trailed off. "MK! My name is Mk." "Mk," you repeated. "My name's Y/N." you stuck out your hand for them to shake. Just then you noticed your watch. "Oh crap, I'm late! I have to go MK, it was nice meeting you!" you ran off before he could respond.

The crowd of people who were watching the fight earlier stared in awe. They couldn't seem to comprehend that you of all people would help someone. They all seemed to get over it quickly though. In just a few seconds they were back to minding their business. 

Meanwhile, Red Son was pacing around his room. He was frustrated, mostly at himself. When you challenged him, and with such confidence, he was caught off guard. Not to mention your intimidating appearance. You probably thought he was a coward now. Red son huffed. "I need a drink," he mumbled to himself. He walked into the kitchen and prepared himself a cup of piping hot coffee. While it was in the microwave he sat on the counter.

Why weren't you scared of him? Like all the other mortals? He felt an odd feeling plant itself in his stomach. Were you unimpressed with his performance? The odd feeling in his stomach was familiar. It had been his parents who made it blossom. If you weren't scared of him he was going to make you scared of him. You are no different from all other mortals, just a little braver is all. The beeping of the microwave caught his attention.

You fiddled your key for your apartment. You were so late, lord have mercy. You opened your door and closed it behind you, throwing your things on the counter. You yanked the T.V remote off of the counter and turned on the T.V. Your show had just started. "Thank gosh," you huffed. You grabbed your bag of snacks from earlier and sat on your couch, wishing you had someone to share them with.