"What was he doing again?" Knuckles questioned him again.

"Aren't you listening? He's making a machine that will take over his brain and after that the machine will mess up his mind then we'll lose him." Sticks said, over-reacting.

"I didn't remember Sonic telling us about that, dear." Rouge said with a brow raised.

"He didn't?" Sticks questioned with her usual crazy look as Sonic, Rouge, and Amy facepalmed.

"And besides Sonikku, Tails promised that he won't use it without thinking, right?"

"I sure hope so...I better buy some lunch for Tails." Sonic said to the rest and stood up. He bought some food at the counter and paid. He walked back to his friends and asked, "You coming?" They all nodded.

They walked to Tails' house. After several minutes, they found themselves in front of his workshop. They entered and walked down to the basement. Sonic noticed the machine working and hurried to the machine, knowing that Tails broke his promise.

"Tails! Get out of there!" Sonic repeatedly shouted. He knows that his friend couldn't hear him. "We need to find a way to stop this." Sonic panicked. Knuckles tried to punch the glass open but it won't budge.

Sticks was throwing her boomerang at the machine while yelling, "Take this, you piece of metal!" Sonic used his spin-dash trying to help his friend. Amy tried to use her hammer but end up failing also.

Rouge saw a button with a writting 'Open'. She sighed and sweatdropped. She pressed it and the glass automatically opened.

Amy and Sonic sweatdropped, thinking that how could they be so dumb not to see that. Knuckles just scratched the back of his head because of curiousness.

Sticks wondered why and asked, "What kind of black magic did you use?"

Sonic shook his friend, trying to wake him up but it's no use.

–––––––––––––––

(Several minutes after Sonic left... [Author's Note: Yep, we're gonna do a little flashback or some sort of time travel or whatever you want to call that.])

Tails had finished the machine. "Brilliant! Now, I just need to cover this machine up and I'm done." But the young inventor although promising his friend not to do anything stupid, thought of trying the machine.

"I'm sorry, Sonic but I have to do this. It's not stupid so trying it wouldn't break my promise." Tails set the time to 'a week'. He entered the machine and it automatically squirted out the sleeping gas needed.

He opened his eyes, he was still at his workshop. "Wait a minute, did I go wrong?" He muttered.

He went out his workshop and saw Sonic ran up to him. "Sonic? I'm sorry, I know I promised you I wouldn't use the machine. I really am." Tails apologized.

He waited for the angry/worried reply of his friend but instead he replied with a confused look. "What are you saying Tails? What machine are we talking about? By the way, Angelica is searching for you." Sonic replied with a really confused look.

"What do you mean you don't know? You even asked me- wait a minute who's Angelica?" Tails replied with a now confused look.

"Dude, he's your girlfriend, duh? What happened to you today? Did you get amnesia on an invention of yours?" Sonic wondered.

"Girlfriend since when?" Tails questioned. "We really need to get you a doctor." His friend said and grabbed Tails' arm to go to a doctor.
"Sonic, I'm fine... I'm just stressed, that's all." Tails insisted because he realized that he was now on his dream.
"If you say so... but in case you want, we can still go ti the infirmary. And you better find Angelica, last time I saw her she's at the park, searching." Sonic answered and left off.