━━━━ . . . 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗨𝗗𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗕𝗢𝗥

The best decision you've ever made was to move out of your old town with your best friend

The best decision you've ever made was to move out of your old town with your best friend. You're far away from your parents and mutual friends. You and your best friend Kenji were both accepted to the same institution by chance.

He was one of those guys with whom you grew up and rarely had disagreements. You supported him through breakups and his ups and downs, and he supported you when you needed him.

The next day was the official start of the conference and the first day of a couple of the lectures. This was something that really piqued your interest. A new school, a new college, and a new beginning.

You placed a brown cardboard box on the floor. The last box that had your belongings in your apartment as Kenji held the door for you. He closed the door behind you and asked, "So do I simply go downstairs to the receptionist and ask for a key card for your apartment room and they just give it to me?" he wondered as he chewed gum.

You groaned as you were out of breath and answered his query with a nod.

He furrowed his brows and replied, "I don't think they'll grant it to me [Y/N]." You imagine how you would decorate and arrange the empty room as you walk around it. Because Kenji wouldn't quit pestering you about the damn card key, you mumble in a somewhat angry tone, "Yes they would."

The apartment just included one room and a kitchen that was attached to your living area. It was ideal for you to live in alone.

Sharing a room with kenji wasn't even an option. Your parents wanted you to have your own apartment, not a dorm room, no sharing with other people. Just to be able to live on your own. The situation was different with Kenji, he has a roommate he's never seen or met and was sharing the college's dorm room with someone.