Cold Coffee

The walk was silent, but I didn't expect anything else. We ordered at the counter, Seth insisting he payed for both of us, and I eventually gave in. We sat at a small two seater table in the back corner of the shop.

"So, how've you been?" He looks so shy and awkward, it's painful.

"Fine, I guess. Derek's leaving in a couple of days and, then school opens again. I barely started there before it closed again. Don't get me wrong, I hate school, and i'm glad i didn't have to endure it for too long. Anyway, we've settled in good, everythings unpacked. My room's bigger than the one back in England so thats a plus, and am i rambling?" I realise i've just been sat there, staring at and sturing my cup of tea the whole time, and i finally look up to see him staring at me with wide eyes and he seems slightly amused.

"Kinda, but don't worry about it I did ask." We both smile and look back at our drinks, me taking a sip. "So the douche is leaving then huh?" I'm a bit startled by the conversation turn.

"What?!"

"Well, even your mum agrees. He is controlling, and your not telling me that you've been avoiding me and everyone else for two weeks just because you wanted to?" The look he's giving me is intimidating, and I don't know how to respond.

"He's not- Well he just-. Ugh. He's just a bit, possessive and protective, I guess? He gets jealous easy, you know?" He scoffs, shaking his head and looks down at the table.

"Yeah, I know" I feel like he means something deaper, but i don't question it. "There's protective, and then there's just down-right douchey and controlling, which is what he is. I'm suppose to be your friend and what, he gets a bit jealous, tells you he doesn't like me and you decide to just act like i don't exsist. I tried to give you space cause i get that you want to pend some time with him, but you don't even reply to my texts, and even your mum said you barely talk to anyone, so what the hell is that all about?!"

His voice has risen slightly and i'm shocked by the anoyance and anger thats radiating of his body and the icey glare coming from his eyes. I can also tell that he's hurt by my actions and its again, making me feal guilty.

"Seth I- i'm sorry. He just doesn't want me around you, and he does get really really jealous. So I just thought some distance would be good. Once he'd gone we could hang out again, i just didn't want him to get anymore angry." My voice has gone small and nervous, but he doesn't seem to care.

"So you just do whatever he tells you, no mater who it effects? And you think you can just blank me when he's around but then when he leaves we can be all buddy buddy again? 'Cause no, i'm not gonna let you mess me around like that. My feelings matter to, but your obviously to wrapped up in your d.ck boyfriend to notice. Whatever Scarlet, i'll see you around." He stands up, grabs his phone and storms out of the cafe, not even giving me a second look.

I can't believe it's hurt him this much. I never meant to cause this trouble. I can't help it when my eyes start stinging and my nose is twitching, signalling i'm going to cry. I wish he wouldnt have left,

leaving behind his cold, untouched coffee.