Elijah slowly nodded "Aight let me call Kevin and Keem back," Pete said, referring to the lawyer that he hired. He was taking her to court even though he wasn't planning on it until she did that interview and sold a whole bunch of lies.

"You still wit' Sha?" He asked Cal, Cal nodded, putting the camera on Sha. She is sitting on the couch while stuffing her face with some fries.

"Sha, she still didn't text back or answer when you called?" He asked.

"No, I think she turned her phone off. But aye tho, I'm sorry fa' callin' you a bitch ass nigga" She peruses her lips.

He furrowed his eyebrows "When did you say that?" He asked.

"In the comments but I deleted 'em. Me and Nana in those comments defending you with our life chilee" She shook her head, then pushed the phone out her face.

Elijah wasn't surprised honestly. He spent the whole morning defending himself and explaining to their family that what was said wasn't true. He had to talk Dallas down for a whole hour so he didn't come to their house and try to fight him.

His mom had cussed him out, his dad threatened him. It was a mess, he was lowkey hurt that everyone believed that lie when they knew Elijah wasn't like that.

He understood at the end of the day since if he didn't know he was drugged, he probably would have believed it too.

"I'll talk ta—" Elijah stopped talking when he heard the elevator ding. He and Pete made eye contact as they both her feet got drug on the floor.

Lai walked into the living room, not looking at either of them. Elijah could see how drained and broken she looked. He didn't want to jump up and bombard her since he knew yelling at her yesterday wasn't the best choice.

He knew he probably reminded her of her last breakup. He just got frustrated with everything happening at once.

She put something on the glass coffee table before walking out and going into the room. His heart dropped when he saw the promise ring and the necklace with his name on it.

"Nigga go tell her the truth, fuck you just sittin' thea' fa' " Pete whispered yelled at him while looking at him like he was slow.

"I-" He hung up on Kobe and Cal. He was able to tell Pete about him being drugged but something about telling Lai, had him scared.

He didn't think she would believe him honestly and he still felt weak. Weak that he wasn't paying attention, weak that he could have even got raped or even worst that night and he couldn't stop it.

"Take yo' time when telling her but she needs to know" Pete patted his shoulder, Elijah slowly nodded before getting up from his spot on the couch.

He started fiddling with his necklace with Lai's name and middle name on it as he slowly walked into their room. He was trying to process how he was going to tell her and get her to see he wasn't lying.

He walked into the room, seeing her pull clothes out of the dressers and into a large suitcase. He sighed, closing the door and locking it. Just in case.

"Mugga it wasn't true," He spoke up, leaning on the walk, watching her move around. She ignored him and went into the closet to get more clothes.