Chapter fourteen.

Deep within the chambers of the labyrinth, a faint whistling melody could be heard echoing. Briar was playing her ocarina as she made her way down the grand ornate halls, where once the highest ranking cenobites would dwell. Now it was abandoned, a place that not even her mother knew about. It was where she would be meeting the "human" Pinhead was so worked up about.

Suddenly the music stopped as an ember could be seen in the shadows, followed by a plume of smoke as Roxanne stepped out. "Hey kid, I got what yah wanted, now it's time to hold up your end of the deal."

The lady handed Briar a simple wooden box, secured by a gold latch with a rose painted on the lid and worn throughout the years. She gingerly took it into her hands, and gazed over it before soft tears began to well up in her eyes. Suddenly, she took out a folder from her robes and handed it to Roxanne, before hugging her waist tightly.

"Hey kid, kid, it's no problem!"

She chuckled, before opening the folder to reveal a detailed drawing. "Hey kiddo, this looks nice- it's definitely worth breaking into Hell for."

In return, Roxanne had brought back one of the rarest things a Cenobite could obtain within the vast wastelands of hell- their memories. A keepsake box that Briar had left behind.

"See? I'm no monster, I just want your friend to come home safely."

—--------------------------------

"Your being hard on her, Hellpriest, the poor child is torn-"

"Hard? Or keeping her out of her own self destruction."

Pinhead replied, casting a glare to the old librarian accompanying him throughout the maze of books. Balberith rolled her eyes ever so slightly, and lead him down a row to where Bella was asleep within piles surrounding her: Studies of the dark arts in which kept her occupied during her long, uneventful sentence.

The Hellpriest approached her, his hand reaching down to stroke her hair as he smiled softly. She was safe here, protected within this maze and under the watchful eye of Balberith. It brought him the reassurance he needed in making the right decision for his hellish prodigy. Suddenly, he picked her up into his arms as he held her to his chest- placing a gentle kiss against her forehead, before pushing one of his own pins into her chest.

"And this, this is the birth-right I give to you."