Chapter ten.

Laslo sat in the common room upon a chair of human remains and soft leather, mending a small piece of clothing while it laid overtop of his huge belly. There was a soft hum escaping his lips, a smile crept upon his face. It was one of so few pleasures of his that didn't involve torturing another. With care he embroidered a small flower, something that Briar enjoyed while on Earth. It was also something Pinhead remarked about upon easing himself into another chair.

"What is your secret dear friend, to having a tiny human share every emotion and pain with you?"

Of course, Pinhead had already known the answer as he took a sip from the wine glass he held. Butterball smirked, "It's one of my many pleasures- however innocent it is to be paternal."

Pinhead craved those feelings, but couldn't get even an ounce of emotion from Bella in return. The only thing that seemed to work currently was pain, but to his surprise- he didn't enjoy inflicting it upon his apprentice. He sighed softly, gazing out the large window as he could see Leviathan gradually rotating above the maze.

—---------------------

They glimmered before her in a soft haze, nestled amongst the very roots of Leviathan himself as he guarded the memories, but barely stopped the tiny intruder. For a brief moment she searched, having already a mental map of the orbs belonging to her "family". Suddenly, Briar came upon a small cluster as she grazed her fingers across the glassy surface, for a brief moment visualizing a warm beach and salty air blowing against her face.

Swiftly she retracted her hand, but then began to stuff them inside her bag as they gently clinked together. When she lifted the last orb, a vision of blood invaded her sight. A crumpled figure of gore was held by the Hell Priest, cradling it as he gently hummed to the mass. A sack of skin laid close by upon a table, along with surgical knives and hooks. Suddenly- the bloody creature held out its hand to touch his face, with it being met with a gentle kiss.

"There, there my dear, soon you'll grow accustomed to the pain."

Pinhead mused, Suddenly, Briar snapped out of the memory as she realized what she was witnessing. Quickly she left, her senses unable to pick up on a guard watching her.