Chapter 5 - Problems

Start from the beginning

Damn it! I can't let my guard down again. I kicked him off me and he landed on the floor. He looked startled but he smirked after.

"You know, you're quite strong for a girl."

I smiled at his comment. "I train." I shrug and got up from my lying position to a sitting position.

"Train? As in fight." He looked concerned.

I smirked. "Something like that."

"So if there was a guy who wanted to kill you, would you fight or flight?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Fight then flight. Why are you going to kill me?"

He gave me a crooked smile and shook his head. He looked innocent yet playful, he looks so darn cute. 

My phone vibrated in my pocket, I took it out and read the message.

Unknown

Cataleya, you think you can get away with what you did to me? I have the power to do anything. Even killing you. Be careful darling.

My eyes widened at the text, my mouth formed the shape of an O, Daniel seemed to realise something was wrong.

"Who is it?" He eyed me carefully.

I put my phone back into my pocket and put my hand on my neck.  

"What are you talking about?"

"Cataleya, we both know your hiding something. Who just texted you?" He said the words clearly and more than loud enough.

I sighed. "I don't know, you should..erm..leave."

He gazed into my eyes, waiting for answers. Knowing he wasn't going to get any anger radiated out of his eyes and he stormed out of the house.

Great! Good job Catt. You made Daniel leave. I crossed my arms in anger, all these thoughts and questions were crossing my mind. Don't I deserve just one day without anything bad happening?

I lay down on the couch and closed my eyes. Entering the kingdom of sleep to forget all of my problems. Mmm I like the sound of....yawn....that.

I woke up to the sound of glass smashing and Tia's scream. Without thinking I ran upstairs as fast as I could. I couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to Tia, because it would all be my fault. I had brought my problems with me.

I slammed her bedroom door open to find Michael holding Tia with a knife placed on her throat. My eyes widened at the sight, Tia had tears flowing out of her eyes. Her breathing was rapid, and she had turned pale like a ghost.

"Cataleya, so glad you can join us."

I took my eyes off Tia, knowing if I didn't I would burst into tears. I tried to move towards them but Michael tightened the knife more around Tia's throat making her wince. I immediately stopped.

I looked at Michael in disgust. "Let her go."

He laughed coldly. "Why would I want to do that?"

"She hasn't done anything, I'll take her place." I said bitterly.

"Catt what's going on?" Tia asked hoarsely.

I looked at her feeling guilty. "Tiana don't worry. I promise nothing will happen to you."

Michael dropped his hand and held onto to the knife just in case I tried to do anything. He chuckled while looking at me.

"Walk towards me and I'll let Tia go."

I started taking slow steady steps, my heart was pounding against my chest. I didn't care about myself, I cared about Tia. She doesn't deserve to get hurt. She hasn't done anything wrong.

Michael gripped my arm tightly and pushed Tia away, she fell on the floor. I gasped when she whimpered in pain. I felt my cheeks burn in flames. My fists were scrunched together. My eyes started watering but I blinked the tears away. I faced Michael and punched him with all my strength and then I started kicking him. He was lying on the floor moaning in pain, every kick and punch made me feel relieved. Two hands pushed me against the wall making my head hit the hard concrete wall. I fell on the cold floor, my vision was blurry but I recognised the figure. It was Sam, Michael's best friend. I looked towards the door and Tiana was no longer there, I tried to get up but the pain was too much. 

And I blacked out.

******************

VOTE - COMMENT- FAN