Chapter Two (b)

Diamond's eyes widened. Her face stiffened. I gulped. We turned to see a stern-faced Star staring at the two of us.

"Diamond, how could you! You're the Alpha pup!" started Star, looking very offended.

"I can explain-" Diamond was cut off when Star yelled, "The pup is not 2 years old yet!" 

Diamond whined and cowered under Star's glare. As Star had yelled, 'the pup', he cast a suspicious look at me. His eyes narrowed warily. Glancing at Dia, he lowered his voice, "I'll talk to you later." Approaching me, he cast a shadow over the mud soil.

"What do you want?" he barked. I winced. Star sounded very strict.

"N-nothing," I stammered.

"First, you run into my territory. Then, your sister runs out of the territory even though she's only one and a half years old!" cried Star.

"The second doesn't relate to me," I pointed out. A shiver trembled down my spine. I could feel how furious Star was.

"I don't care!" lashed out Star. Even Dia winced. My ears stung. Star seemed to have gathered all his anger. However, he managed to collect himself.

"I'm going to tell your parents," he warned," And your mother..." Star was cut off when a guard suddenly fell into the hole. All eyes swung to him as he turned pink. Embarrassed, the wolf got up.

"Sir," he began, bowing at Star, "our team has spotted a wounded Beta wolf pup of the name Moon."

Apologies for the short chapter. But if you loved it, please comment and vote. Thank you!