Chapter 5: "Into A City"

Start from the beginning

Alejandro took a confessional on his way out.

"Of course, Heather's bonding with Sierra! She's Chris's favorite, and if that manipulative minx gets Sierra, she'll have Chris too! Oh, she's good."

He made his way back to First Class and saw that everyone was awake and breakfast was being served. He took a bowl and sat down with Tyler, who seemed quite happy.

"Oh, man! First Class rocks!"

"Today we eat the breakfast of champions." Alejandro smiled back at him.

Izzy and Miranda were getting pampered with massages and manicures. Miranda grinned at her now fiery red nails, long and thin.

"Oh, yeah...that's the spot." Izzy swooned.

From the couch, Owen could be heard snoring.

"Aw, look at Big O! His fear of flying is so adorable!"

He suddenly rolled off the couch to reveal Noah getting crushed underneath.

"Finally! Thanks for not noticing I was missing all night! What am I? Tyler?!"

"Hey!"

Tyler accidentally got food all over Alejandro's face. Miranda started giggling, much to Alejandro's dismay. But, she soon got up and grabbed a few napkins to give him. He quietly thanked her as he wiped his face, still hearing her chuckles.

Chris soon called everyone down to the cargo hold where a large boat was waiting.

"Take a seat, grab a handle, and I'll tell you where we're going!" Chris smiled.

"Sweet boat. Right, Lindsay?" Tyler looked to her hopefully.

"Um...sure...Dave is it?" she was distracted by Alejandro.

"Why are you wearing a life jacket?" Noah asked.

"'Cause there's only fourteen of you, but only one valuable me. Hit it, Chef!"

The floor underneath them disappeared as they fell into the water, driving passed the Statue of Liberty.

"Welcome to New York City!"

Miranda practically had stars in her eyes. New York was one of her absolute favorite place she'd ever been to for one sole reason: Broadway.

Though she'd never admitted to anyone there that she was a musical junkie, it was hard for her to keep a straight face. A variety of show tunes swirled around in her head, fuelling her painful urge to sing.

Everyone was soon standing at the base of the statue.

"Your first challenge is a carriage race to Central Park, which I like to call, 'Liberty or Death!'."

Miranda couldn't help quietly humming songs from a patriotic musical upon hearing the challenge's name.

"I've always dreamed of riding a horse-drawn carriage!" Owen clapped.

"Don't even think about making me the horse, Heather!" Courtney scowled.

"As for you conclusion jumpers, it's a baby carriage race!"

"So, where are the carriages?" LeShawna asked.

"Hope you brought your climbing gloves!"

Everyone looked up to see three baby carriages dangling off Lady Liberty's crown, groaning miserably. Miranda cracked her knuckles to prepare herself.

"LOL, Chris. I think your mischievous spirit makes the game." Sierra smiled.

"Thank you, Sierra. It's nice to be appreciated."