Chapter 1: Encanto

"The economy is rapidly declining. Living here in the city is starting to be difficult."

A ray of light from the slightly opened wooden door makes its way inside the dark room.

"What are we going to do, mi amor?"

The woman from the lighted room asks the man sitting beside her worriedly.

"I don't know, mi amor. Why do I have to lose my job at such a time like this?"

The man answered while rubbing his temples. The woman didn't reply to him and only rubbed his back to comfort him.

"We might have to go back home at this point." The man said with a sigh after a moment of silence.

"But, mi amor, this is our home." The woman answered him with a frown as she is confused on what her husband means.

"We don't have anywhere else to go. Mama and Papa raised me in this place.
We raised our children in this place. We don't have any other home. This is our home." She continued to say to him.

"No, mi amor, This is 'your' home." He replied back to her blabber. His words surprised his wife as her eyes suddenly widdened.

"Y-you mean..."

"Yes, mi amor." The man said holding the hand of his wife. "We are going to my home." He smiled at her while rubbing his thumb on her hand.

Upon hearing the man's words, the girl's eyes widdened as she silently sits on the cold floor of the dark room.

Papa's home?! She thought.

You see, their father never told anyone about his hometown. The family has little to no information as to where the head of their family came from.

The only information that he had ever mentioned to them is that he is from a rural place.

Beside that, their father never said anything about it and when they try to ask about it, he would either dodge or ignore the subject. Constantly poking around the subject angers him so they never bring up the subject in the fear of being lashed out on by their father.

Even their mother knows little about it. However, she doesn't dare mention it knowing that her husband doesn't enjoy the subject.

Hence, he, himself, bringing out the topic is an extremely suprising event to the two.

The woman was too stunned to speak so she kept quiet not knowing what to reply to her husband.

"It's alright, mi amor." He reassures her.

The girl finally stood from her seat not wanting to hear their talk anymore.

Papa's homeland, huh. I wonder what's it like? She thought as she finally drifts to sleep.

-----

"Listen, me and your Papa have talked about this for awhile now. We plan on transferring to Papa's homeland tomorrow."

Its been a week since the couple started to talked about the plan to move in to the place.

"Really?! To Papa's home?" Two little children asked their mother energetically.

And finally, their plan will be set in motion.

"Yes, my little doves." Their mother said with a chuckle. The eyes of the children lit up because of the answer of their mother.

"Come on, you two. Behave." Despite her words, their mother seems to enjoy the boys' antics as she laughs to their cazy dancing.

"Transferring? Tomorrow? How about our life here, Mama?" The girl questions her mother with a frown.