The Beginning

California was walking through the palace, carrying a small box wrapped in shiny paper.

"Hiii!!! What's that?" Virginia asked, running up beside California.

"A present for Texas! It is the one year anniversary of him returning home after all!" California said.

"Oh yeah! Aw, I should've gotten him something!! Dammit!" Virginia exclaimed. California chuckled.

"Go to the marketplace, I'm sure you'll find something," California said. Virginia nodded and ran off. Soon, California got to Texas's room. He gently knocked on the door.

"Mhm?" He heard Texas sleepily reply from within. California opened the door, to see Texas still snuggled up in bed. California smiled and laid next to him, putting the box between them. Texas propped himself up and gazed at it.

"What's this?" He asked. California smiled.

"A present! For you! Because it's your anniversary," California said. Texas smiled and opened the box. Inside was a little chain necklace with a bear-paw shaped charm on it. California revealed his own charm, that was wing-shaped. "This way, we always have something to remind us of each other!" California exclaimed. Texas smiled, and pulled California close into a cuddle. The two lied in each other's arms, just talking about what the days festivities would be.

Soon, there was a knock on the door, before it opened to reveal Nuevo León, Texas's younger adoptive brother, A lion.

"Texas? Mom and dad want you downstairs for breakfast soon...," Nuevo León said softly. Texas smiled.

"I'll be there in a bit," Texas said, grabbing some clothes. Nuevo León left, and California insisted on helping Texas pick the hottest outfit for his special day. Soon, he got to the dining room, where Spain, his parents, and his two adoptive siblings Nuevo León and Coahuila waited. He sat next to León, and smiled at him. He knew his younger sibling was a bit shy, but didn't mind Texas existing. Coahuila however...

"Why are you dressed like that? Do you have to get all fancy to eat breakfast?" Coahuila said judgingly.

"Well, not all of us plan on just sitting around at home all day," Texas said. Coahuila rolled her eyes and continued shuffling her food around on her plate, disinterested in whatever conversation might happen.

"So, Texas, what are your plans for today?" America asked.

"I'm probably just gonna hang out with Cali and my other friends," Texas said.

"Can Nuevito join you?" Mexico asked.

"Ama...," León said, crossing his arms.

"You can if you want to," Texas said. León looked down.

"No... I'm good," León said softly.

"Where's my invite?" Coahuila said.

"It must've got lost or something... I'll get it to you whenever I get a new homing pigeon," Texas said. Coahuila rolled her eyes.

"You hate me," Coahuila said. Texas shrugged.

"I mean, I figured I should reciprocate your feelings towards me," Texas said. The two glared at each other, a challenging smirk on their faces. America sighed.

"It's nice our children get along so well," America said. Texas smiled sweetly, and Coahuila rolled her eyes. Soon, once Texas finished his breakfast, he rushed outside to hang out with his friends. Coahuila blew out a breath.

"I can't believe he's gonna inherit the throne...," Coahuila groaned.

"He is our oldest heir... not to mention he's our only biological son," America said.

"But that doesn't mean he's capable at all," Coahuila said.

"Oh corazón, your brother won't be inheriting the throne for a long time, I'm sure he'll be ready when the time comes, and he'll have his brilliant sister there to help him," Mexico said. Coahuila rolled her eyes.

"Whatever...," Coahuila said.

"I'm sure Texas would be willing to make you general, you're a very skilled warrior after all," America said. Coahuila nodded, doubting that Texas actually would. She felt a bit of an animosity towards him ever since he randomly appeared one day. She always thought that she'd be crowned Empress, although she did understand that's probably not what the subjects would want. After all, she was an axolotl, not an eagle like her adoptive parents.

Meanwhile, Texas was out with his friends, walking through the market and lookin for fun. Suddenly, a small foxhound jumped into Texas's arms, holding a small bag between her teeth.

"Hi Honey! whatcha got?" Texas exclaimed. Virginia shifted to her human form and handed Texas the bag.

"Open it! it's for you!" Virginia exclaimed. Texas opened the bag, and inside was a sheathed rondel dagger.

"Ohhh fancy!" Texas exclaimed.

"I thought you'd like it! dumb boys love sharp things!" Virginia exclaimed. Texas smiled and gave Virginia a hug.

"Texas!" Texas heard someone call. He turned around to see Britain and France in the distance. He ran up and gave Britain a big hug.

"Hi guys!" Texas exclaimed.

"Hello Texas, how has your morning been?" Britain asked.

"Great! I can't wait for the party tonight!" Texas exclaimed. Britain smiled and nodded.

"Unfortunately, we might not be able to be there during the celebration," Britain said.

"What? why not?" Texas asked.

"France and I just had our first child-,"

"WHERE I WANT TO HOLD IT!" Texas immediately exclaimed. France chuckled and handed the baby she was holding over to Texas.

"He'ssoadorableeeeeeeee," Texas cried happily, letting the baby play with his hand.

"His name is Francis," France said.

"I love you Francis," Texas said. Francis did a lil smile, and everyone's heart melted...

However, this happy feeling was short lived when the three buffalo guardsmen ran up to Texas.

"Texas, you are needed at the palace immediately... It's Spain,"

(Book two boiiiiissss)