"You have to wake up. You can't be in a coma." I shook my head. "Runo can't win like this, you have to see him rot behind bars forever. It's not fair. There's so much we need to talk about. We need to try not to be crime-fighting parents together, remember? I didn't even get to tell you this but I've wanted to for days now, I forgive you, Will. For everything that's happened. The past is where it is, in the past. I want to focus on the future now," I leaned my head down after rushing everything out, "also, I-"

"Ophelia?" A throaty voice called out and my head shot up. Will's dark eyes were staring at me in wonderment and I'm sure my eyes carried the same expression.

"You're awake?" I cried even more.

"I woke up a few hours ago, I was just sleeping." He said softly and raised a hand to wipe the tears under my eyes away.

"You did? But the doctor said you were comatose!" I turned and there was the doctor who stood by the door looking between us with a guilty face.

"I'm sorry. The patient next door is also a William and we've been referring to Mr Illston as Illston to avoid confusion." He scratched the back of his head. "So when you asked for William, I thought you meant the other guy..."

My cheeks heated. I glared at him and he visibly took a step back.

"It's fine Tom, you can leave," Will said and the doctor muttered another apology before scurrying away.

I faced Will again and my cheeks felt even hotter. Groaning, my head fell against his arm. I was mortified. I just bared my soul to him thinking he was comatose and even almost told him I loved him. Jeez. I was taking being a fool to the next level it seemed.

"Hey," Will slowly lifted my head. His eyes were understanding and he smiled. "Thank you. For forgiving me, you have no idea how much it means to me to hear that. You're right, the past is in the past but I'll never be sorry enough."

"I thought you'd never wake up again." My lips quivered and I looked down. God, these hormones were going to be the death of me.

"It's going to take more than a bullet to take me down." He laughed and I scoffed. "Want to get on here?" He patted the space next to him and I obliged, careful not to hurt his bandaged chest. We stared at each other for what must have been a full minute. His face was a puffy mess but when he smiled, it lit up the entire ward.

"How's your head and wrist?" He took my broken wrist in his hand. "Mark told me. I wish I could have got some on Runo but I'm satisfied he'll get enough in prison."

"That he will. I'm better, the pain is a little more manageable now. I've been avoiding the drugs because of the baby."

Will's hand settled on my lower belly and a thrill ran down my spine from the contact. I snuggled a little closer to him.

"I've never been that scared before when Runo had his gun focused on you. I could have killed him if given the chance."

"Me too and I was equally terrified when he shot you." The sound of the two bullets going off hadn't quite left me yet. His hand moved into my hair and I sighed. "But yeah, it's going to take more than a bullet to bring down Mr indestructible."

He chuckled. "Exactly. I'm sorry you had to go through all of this and I'm glad it's over."

"We made the news. The bloggers are the worst, spinning up crazy theories. Some say you're in the mafia. If Debbie wasn't still on her honeymoon, she'd be having so much fun right now."

"We thank God for her nuptials."

We remained on the bed until he got more visitors and a nurse came to shoo me away. I walked back to my hospital room with a smile on my face. Will was okay. Everything would be okay. The next day, I was discharged and free to leave, only to come back to change my cast occasionally then eventually cut it off. They gave me a safe alternative for the concussion as well which worked wonders for my headache. Will wasn't let out until a week later. In that week, I was home all day, receiving calls and visits from my friends and it was admittedly fun to lay off work and just relax.