Chapter 25 : A Suffocating, Deadly Silence

Bắt đầu từ đầu

She didn't trust him! Maybe she didn't believe he would never do what the other two men in her life did with her. Her words made it clear today that maybe, just maybe she didn't trust him enough! And he felt like he failed to gain her trust.

"You don't trust me, Swara. Your words made it clear to me today! And I can't do anything else if your own insecurities are bigger than your love for me. Or... Love? Should I even use that word? Because you have totally denied that. Do you love me? My heart says you do but today whatever you said... you have started giving me second thoughts. Is it really me who is living in an illusion, all because somewhere deep down I expect you to love me back? Has this subconscious desire of mine driven me to the point that I'm just thinking that you love me when in real... maybe you don't feel the same about me? Or... What if you really love me? But then you don't trust me, you made that also clear today. Why Swara? Why? Kya kumi reh gayi thi mere pyaar mein that you still don't trust me enough, even after whatever I did for you till today?!"

So many questions, no answer to even one.

He felt so upset. He was so saddened. It hurt him. Whatever she said hurt him so much. He didn't understand what went wrong from his side. It broke him that she didn't trust him. All this while, he felt like he failed in winning her heart. He failed in winning her trust for him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Swara, I swear I will break this door down if you don't open it!"

Anushka warned standing outside Swara's room. She was totally clueless, she didn't know what happened and what was wrong with her friend this whole day. Since morning, she was behaving weirdly. She didn't even tell her that she was going out to buy something and just left without informing. And now, she was not opening the door since three hours.

What was wrong? Something was definitely wrong.

Even after Anushka knocking and tapping the door since five minutes, there was no response from Swara's side at all. She was still lying on her bed, not moving at all, not saying anything.

"SWARA!" she yelled. "I'll go and call Sanskar if you don't open this door now! And no, this is not an empty threat. I'm serious that I will call Sanskar if you don't open the door-"

She demanded but soon enough, she was cut off by the sound of clicking of the door. She stood still as Swara slowly opened the door to her room, showing herself. Anushka was absolutely shocked and taken aback when she saw her friend's disheveled condition... her pale face, her cheeks stained by dried tears and her eyes were red and puffy. And Anushka could see how hard she was trying to even stand on he feet as she trembled.

"You want something?" Swara asked, trying to be normal but her voice just came out as a whisper.

Anushka quickly composed herself from the shock, "What I want you to do is tell me what's wrong, for heavens sake. Since morning, you seem low which is unlike you. And now... you look as if you have been crying for so long. I'm your best friend, Swara. Don't you feel it important to share with me if something is wrong? I promise we will find out the solution to it together, or I can atleast help you feel better. That's what friends do, right?"

She expected Swara to show atleast some reaction, but nothing. Instead, she whimpered initially, trying to seem okay when she was not.

"Swara," she dragged her inside the room and held either of her arms firmly, "Batao, kya hua hai?"

"Kuch nahi hua, Anushka." She avoided looking into her eyes.

"You are lying. I know you are." She concluded before getting into thinking, "Wait a minute, does it have something to do with Sanskar?"