EPILOGUE: The Time Traveler

Start from the beginning

“Yeah, I already drove it.”

I frowned. My boyfriend got to drive my car before I did? Ugh. BUT WHO CARES! I got a car!

“Was it the car that I wanted? The one I showed you?” I asked my parents.

“Exactly the one.”

I held in my screams. Unlike Sofia, I was good about not being too loud when I was freaking out about something.

“Thank you!!” I gave them each a hug. They laughed.

"We're proud of you. You're going to a good school, in a good city, with a good boyfriend, with a good place to live."

"Don't forget a good car!" I said, practically jumping up and down.

“We love you.” They said.

“I love you guys, too.” I said. Harry smiled, and I walked back into his arms.

Harry nudged my side. And looked towards our guests, then looked back towards me. It was time.

“Oh." I nodded. “Mom, Dad?”

“Yes, Rose?” My mother replied.

“I, um, Harry and I think it’s a good idea to tell the rest of the boys the whole story. I mean, the truth.”

“The truth?” My father asked, crossing his eyebrows. “What, you mean the machine?” He laughed. I wished I could laugh as well, but there was no joke intended.

“Exactly.” I avoided making eye contact. It was a stupid question, and I was aware, too. If anyone outside the family found out we had the only time machine in the world we could be in so much trouble.

Once my father realized Harry and I were serious, his laugh faded. “Honey, Rose, we can’t just-”

“They won’t tell anyone, I swear. I just can’t handle living a lie, and our relationship shouldn’t be a lie.” Harry said to my parents.

“But it isn’t.” I added. "And they don't know that."

My parents looked at each other again, and they sighed. They had this way of knowing what to agree on, and it made me wonder sometimes if they had also invented some way to read minds as well. I wouldn’t doubt it.

“I-” My dad began. “I guess it’s fine.”

“Really?”

“Yes.” My mother confirmed. And once Mom said something was okay, it was more than okay.

Harry’s face lit up like a birthday candle. Mine probably lit up like a wildfire.

“Thank you!” We both said, and again I gave them both a hug. I pulled Harry’s hand and dragged him to the living room with me.

“Now?”  He asked.

“Yes!”

We stumbled into the living room and stood in front of the boys, as well as Paul, Lou, and Lux, and we decided to start explaining.

“Um, we have something to tell you guys.” Harry said, and the boys quieted down.

"Is it an announcement?" Paul asked.

"Sort of." I answered. They all looked curious, except for Sofia. She gave me a look, jealous of me stealing her spotlight.

"Do you know what they're talking about?" Zayn asked Sofia. Suddenly, her face turned into the face of an angel. I rolled my eyes.

"No clue." She said.

The boys looked even more intrigued, until Louis spoke.

"You guys do know that whole baby joke when we first met a week ago was a joke, right?" He said.