"Over the past few months, your- Uh... Your temper has risen rapidly. The school can't keep track of you anymore, and I'm afraid we can't either," my mother explained slowly and quietly. I rolled my eyes at her serious expression.

"So what are you gonna do? I'll spare us the time: I'm sorry, it won't happen again," I lied before attempting to stand up, but soon I felt Jared's hand pushing me back down lightly. My skin crawled at his touch, and I didn't hesitate to slap his hand away from me. "Do not touch me," I warned.

"Jared and I have been discussing your behavior the past several weeks and I think we've finally come to the conclusion that it's not working when we punish you."

"No kidding," I muttered under my breath, but I don't think either of them noticed my snarky comment. "What's your point?" I questioned, crossing my legs.

"What your mom is trying to say is that we can't have you living here anymore," Jared responded, getting straight to the point. The look in his eyes was menacing, or at least it was to me. Somehow I always knew he was out to get me.

"Funny," I replied with a scoff.

"...He's not joking, Kellin," my mom chimed in, flicking her gaze over to Jared. "I found this nice boarding school out in California and-"

"Woah, woah... Wait," I interrupted hastily. "Boarding school?" I repeated. Jared and my mom nodded in sync. "You're joking. In California?"

"Yes, in California. We got you booked to leave in a couple of days for the rest of the school year."

"Two days? Wow, aren't you considerate," I muttered angrily before adding, "This is ridiculous."

"It's not-" Jared began.

"Don't you dare fucking talk," I yelled at him aggressively, my blood beginning to boil.

"Language," my mom warned, raising her voice. A sigh escaped my lips. I should have known this day was coming.

"So you're giving me two days to say goodbye?" I questioned in a quieter voice. The tension died down a little after that brief moment.

"You're allowed to stay until you've straightened out. Usually it's anywhere from one to two years," my mom explained. I clenched my jaw, gritting my teeth together to keep my mouth shut.

"...Fine," was all I replied with, unable to think of what else to say. I really had no will in this situation.

"A couple mornings from now we'll rent you a taxi. They will escort you to the airport where a guide will direct you to your flight. Once you've landed, a staff member from the school will meet you there and take you to the academy. It'd mean a whole bunch if you'd be on your best behavior upon arrival," my mom explained. Part of me wanted to take the opportunity to go and run away, and another part of me was curious to see how much this school would tolerate. That knowing smirk appeared on my lips immediately.

There wasn't going to be any funny business upon my arrival, but there sure as hell was going to be after.

- -

Two days later I had said goodbye to most of everyone I actually liked and explained where I was going. Most of everyone was supportive and let the situation run smoothly, which undoubtedly surprised me a little. I was expecting a full blow out, and that everyone was going to be pissed that I dug the hole this deep. Nonetheless, no issues held me up, and I found our goodbye's very short and simple. I also didn't fail to make a possible false promise to keep in touch with them all.

By the morning I had to leave, I had managed to pack everything I needed. I'm not gonna lie, I hadn't done so much work in a long, long time. Even my mom praised me for working so hard, but I was really only working hard because I was excited to get out of this town; out of their lives. A change up was desperately needed.