"How did the training go?" Aven asked Feytan.

"It went surprisingly well," he answered as he crossed his arms. I felt the blood rising to my cheeks at the compliment I received. Was it a compliment? "Sari is a quick learner. I reckon in a month or two she'll be strong enough."

Strong enough for what? My transformation? "Good," Aven affirmed as Jerr smiled at me. "Now, let's talk about why I've called you here. We've got no time to waste."

The other wolves nodded as everyone took their place around the table with the map. Jerr joined me on my left side, the two wolves I didn't know stood across me and did their best not to look at me. Aven took the spot at the top of the table, Feytan at his side.

"As you all know, Fire Moon has struck out against us. A twelve-year-old boy sadly fell victim to his sunburned murderous tendencies. But I think it's about time to strike back. This is war now." Chills ran down my spine at the mention of war. I knew it had been coming for quite a while, but hearing Aven say it, made it all the more real. The fury was intertwined in every word he said, yet he still spoke them calmly. The wolves in the room agreed with Aven. It seemed Death Moon was ready for this war, longing for vengeance for all those crimes once committed - I'd heard it from Lotta, too.

"What are you thinking?" One of the wolves opposite me asked. He leaned on the table with both his arms supporting his upper body weight. All the muscles in his arms were flexed, and I could see some veins crawling up. The other one didn't look any less muscular.

"I was thinking of taking something from him as well," Aven answered. "Or rather someone. Someone important."

I swallowed. "You're not talking about taking a child, are you?"

Aven shot me a deathly glare. If looks could kill, I'd be buried three times. At least. "I am fighting Beckett, not becoming him. I am getting really tired of your constant comparison of me to Beckett, young wolf," he growled.

The silence that hung in the room was tense. No one dared speak a word, not with the all powerful Alpha so riled up. Even if he looked calm and collected, other than the growling, everyone's unease told me enough about the situation I'd put myself into. "I'm sorry," I said. "I shouldn't have said that. It won't happen again."

"No, it won't. Because next time you do that, I will rip out your tongue."

I looked down at the floor, my heart pounding heavily in my chest. I had no doubts he would actually go through with his threat, should I aggravate him more in the future. I decided it best to keep quiet for now, not risking my tongue. Or other body parts.

"Well, now that the threats have been dealt with, shall we get back to what we're gathered here for?" Jerr cut in, which resulted in a chuckle from Feytan and an angry look from Aven. I did not find it in me to see the humor in this situation. Aven finally nodded, giving Jerr the permission to continue with the intent of this gathering. "Beckett had an edge on us. He has a network of spies here, so whatever is discussed now in this room, cannot ever leave these very walls." The two wolves nodded, as did I.

"Infiltrating in Fire Moon will be difficult without an inside man. I'm sure Beckett will have the entire pack on the lookout, expecting us to strike back, no?" Feytan remarked. "It will be very difficult to just walk in there, and do whatever it is we're going to do."

Aven caressed one hand over his stubbled beard. "Exactly. He would be foolish not to. But that's where Sari comes in." His silver eyes shot to me, rage still dancing around in them.